Cambelt and the other bits - job well done - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-01-08 Thread Starter

Cambelt and the other bits - job well done

The 147 had it's belt, water pump and variator and brake fluid done yesterday. A few other parts were renewed as well giving me a parts list as long as my arm. A year overdue but thankfully I got away with it.
Had a look at the old belt and compared it with a new one. The old one was completely smooth and seriously stretched. Didn't look good. The variator was also living on borrowed time so I just caught that too.
Had a good chat with Alan at Woodcock Car Services in Hull who explained in great detail the work carried out. Not being technically minded when it comes to engines this was really enlightning and helped me understand just how important it is to get this work done properly.

The car itself just feels a whole lot better. To celebrate this I took it for an evening blast and it's running like a dream. Absolutely first rate. Knowing that the cambelt is good for another 3 years makes driving the car so much more enjoyable. Since I booked the car in last week it's been at the back of my mind that the belt could go, especially reading the tales of woe on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

156 2.0TS

Re: Cambelt and the other bits - job well done

Aye once the belts are done you can feel confident reving to 7000 rpm again

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
bits , cambelt , job

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page