Max. spark advance on 2.0 16v TS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 07-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Sofia
Max. spark advance on 2.0 16v TS

I've been looking into DIY remaping, and wanted to know, what is the maximum spark advance the 2.0 TS engine can take before things start to go bang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

That will depend on what Petrol you are running.
With exotic fuel you can run a lot of advance. But exotic fuel is expensive and if you are DIY mapping, exotic fuel is probably not on your radar!
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 09-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
That will depend on what Petrol you are running.
With exotic fuel you can run a lot of advance. But exotic fuel is expensive and if you are DIY mapping, exotic fuel is probably not on your radar!
No no, no exotic fuels it will be my daily driver. I like doing things myself, and run on premium fuel only 98/99/100. The car will be slightly modified like exhaust, CAI and maybe cams so nothing wild.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 14-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

No one
AO Member

County: -
Advance or retard ignition is unique to every engine and what loads conditions of the engine and when driving. My settings in my ecu work for my engine but might blow your engine. after all work has been done. Then You would do the map. as if you map it then throw on a intake exhaust cams it could possibly go boom.
To be safely done it has to be done on a dyno to monitor the engine and afr and shows bhp on the power runs. What I do is slowly put in ignition until it stops making power then back it back 3 degrees done this on my cars and bikes never had a problem. But doing it without a dyno and or road mapping just to me would be to risky and there isn't anything telling you what is happening to the engine and if you go to far game over. Safest bet is a dyno.
But it's done at your own risk.
Some of that is probably wrong I'm not a professional but it's how I do it. And won't be held accountable. That's why i will be letting professionals map my turbo engine when it gets put into my 147.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
16v , advance , max , spark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page