Replacing 2.4jtd engine - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

01 156 2.4 jtd

Replacing 2.4jtd engine

Hi. I'm waiting on the replacement engine and was wondering what should i replace or look about when putting it in. I have a new clutch that i was for putting in anyway and i will buy a timing belt kit and water pump. Anything else i should consider and any ideas of places for parts that will be kind to my empty wallet? Any help or advice appreciated as i want my baby running like a sweetie once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Cry Like A Baby Re: Replacing 2.4jtd engine

Hi there - I can't help you with tips on replacing the engine, but I have just learnt that I managed to kill my engine today (by driving slowly through 6in of water!) and so am on the lookout for a new one.... where did you get yours, and would you recommend them?
Andyboy

Re: Replacing 2.4jtd engine

CLAIM ON YOUR INSURANCE!!!!!!!!

Engine damage caused by flood water IS COVERED with fully comp.

Jeez, do you people like giving money away??

(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 17-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

01 156 2.4 jtd

Insurance are coming out to look at mine today so i will say nothing to them about my engine yet. pmcgurk if you want to pm me your number i will call you with details of two other engines i know of but don't know if i could reccomend them or not. I got mine from Douglas Valley but i don't think they have any more just at the minute but you can check. I know how crap you must be feeling right now

Andyboy: I know I'm covered - am just checking around in case the insurance decide to write the car off... you're right though, loads of people have said "oh no you're not covered for that"... my view is it was an accident, so I'm covered...

Thanks tessmania. I'll wait and see what the insurers say and then get in touch if needs be after that...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
24jtd , engine , replacing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page