Cambelt Change - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 08-01-08 Thread Starter

Help Cambelt Change

hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice here. I've had my 147 1.6 Turismo for about a month now which has approx 46000 on the clock. The question is should the cambelt be changed? I have found various pieces of info on the web, some say 72K others say 60K and 1 said it should be changed at 36K.

Look forward to your comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Re: Cambelt Change

36000 or every 3years which ever comes first. Needs to be done now sooner than later.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire

Assuming we are talking miles, not kilometers.....the official change interval was changed to 36K miles a year or so ago......so Yes! And ensure tensioners are changed at the same time - 'cos they are the things that fail first, generally, causing the belt failure....
AO Member

What the others said. 36K - don't delay it .....it will probably go if you don't get it done. It's not worth taking the risk. There are loads of threads on here about snapped cambelts ... mine is mentioned several times!!! Might be worth getting the variator done at the same time. Some say they go around 50 to 60 K but mine lasted 74K, but I think cambelt has to cme off to access it. Definitely ensure cambelt tensioner & pullies etc are done aswell as cambelt.

Get the variator done its cheap as hell but cost roughly the same as a new cam belt if it needs to be done on its own.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Engines (TS, JTS, JTD & V6)

Tags
cambelt , change

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page