No link here for Stanford Hall then? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 29-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
No link here for Stanford Hall then?

I'd have gone to this today had I have known it was on, I wrongly assumed that such an event in the East Midlands would be included in the East Midlands section of the forum however.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sorry if I sound a little like a stick in the mud here) but there aren't actually any East Midlands meetings on a regular basis? The forum is rather confusing and full of lots of past events and the chat thread seems to be regulars just passing the time of day (I've asked about meetings on there and received no reply).

It seems a shame there is no regular meet, we manage a very good monthly one over on another forum on which I am a member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
(Post Link) post #3 of 12 Old 30-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

I know it was in the National Events section, that's where I spotted it, too late and posted a comment (as you can see in the thread).

Still no answer about an ACTUAL EAST MIDLANDS MEET again, as per my question above which I've now asked in two separate places and received no information as to the existence of one?

I wasn't the only one from this area who missed the event due to not spotting it where I'd have expected to have spotted it as well, as you can also see from the thread that you've linked above that I commented in when I spotted it too late.

I sort of feel that I'm rather going around in circles with this whole East Midlands thing, like I've said we have a very well constructed event thread and a well populated monthly meet because of it on another forum I frequent with another marque I own. It would have been nice to pop along to a similar Alfa type of event locally but as I'm not sure if it exists or will exist in the future I'll say no more on the subject and just stick my head back in the sand. It was better that way.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Good morning Ian,

I apologies for not spotting your previous requests regarding a regular East Midlands meet. Perhaps if you'd taken the time to send me a PM (private message) your questions would have been answered alot sooner thus alieviating your frustration.

To answer your question, at present there is no regular East Midlands meet.

I am pleased for you that the other marque you own has regular well attended meets and I applaud all those concerned.

If as I mentioned in the events thread you would like to 'throw your hat into the ring' and join the reps team to help organise and suggest events we would be only to pleased to hear from you.

It would go so much further than all the negative remarks you've posted to date regarding the current situation.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we should dance

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said,
but they will always remember how you made them feel.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 916 spider

there is the aroc also running in the east mids, it has regular monthly meetings and has a lot of things planned

downside it costs to join for which they have a forum a local newsletter and a national monthly magazine

they also organise discounted entry to a few events through which you usually get your back

choice is yours but 2nd Wednesday of every month they meet at the George and Dragon Thringstone, you could do worse than turn up and see what you think of it.

alternatively you could take bradders up on his suggestion to join the reps team

alternatively float a few ideas around, I did a while ago to see if there was any interest in a meet at the supersausage pottersbury, there was luke warm interest so I dropped the idea and organised a Ducati SS meet at same venue (yes inflicted by Italian 2 wheeled virus as well as 4 wheeled and stil get the colour wrong), had 15 turn up you can spot the odd one out being yellow as mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2706.jpg (129.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2708.jpg (79.0 KB, 1 views)
AO Silver Member

If you want lots of events and regular meets AROC East Midlands is the one! Did my first trackday the other month and revved a 4C LE last weekend!
The regular meet will be on Wednesday at the location mentioned. Just turn up and if you want to, you can sign up at a later date. There's no pressure. 😊

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Silver Member

Your Spider will be very welcome! Looks stunning!

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
(Post Link) post #8 of 12 Old 09-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Arrrrrgh! Only just read this, bugger. Not far from me as well, ah well, next month then.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 916 spider

you missed a good night a 1929 supercharged alfa turned up

loads of patina and a large tool box in the passenger seat

it ran like a swiss watch lovely

and it was for sale with a telephone number price tag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3129.jpg (73.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3130.jpg (128.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by popelli; 10-07-14 at 17:58. Reason: add pictures
AO Member

Yep, I'm active in the AROC East Midlands section and we have loads going on throughout the year. The 40 annual membership of AROC is paid back with interest with the number of free events and activities we get involved in every year, so don't let that put you off!
(Post Link) post #11 of 12 Old 12-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddersR View Post
Good morning Ian,

I apologies for not spotting your previous requests regarding a regular East Midlands meet. Perhaps if you'd taken the time to send me a PM (private message) your questions would have been answered alot sooner thus alieviating your frustration.

To answer your question, at present there is no regular East Midlands meet.

I am pleased for you that the other marque you own has regular well attended meets and I applaud all those concerned.

If as I mentioned in the events thread you would like to 'throw your hat into the ring' and join the reps team to help organise and suggest events we would be only to pleased to hear from you.

It would go so much further than all the negative remarks you've posted to date regarding the current situation.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.
I'd be more than happy to organise something.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
I'd be more than happy to organise something.
cool

PM me all the details and I'll post up an event thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
hall , link , stanford

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page