Rolling Road Day - Good Cause - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Staffordshire
Rolling Road Day - Good Cause

Hi all,

I've copied this post off the babybmw forum im a member on, would be great if we could get some Alfas there! I asked the poster if i could invite people on the Alfa forum and its a obvious answer of the more the merrier!

Shark Performance in Mansfield in Nottinghamshire are holding a dyno day/ charity event on Sunday 25th August.

Here is a small piece about why and whats happening:

18 weeks ago, a friend of mine, Jon Cusick had not one, but three strokes in quick succession completely out of the blue. He has been in hospital ever since, in varying degrees of care and is now on his road to recovery. The strokes have left Jon with very little ability to communicate and he has trialled a machine which will help him immensely, but it costs a whopping 12,000.

Jon is a big part of the successful Milltek Sport Time Attack race team and a few of us have decided to get together and have an open day in order to raise money for the machine that he needs to recover further.

The plan for the day, in no particular order (and things may yet be added) is:

•Open RWYB rolling road day, 2wd and Haldex based 4wd cars, 35 per run
•BBQ with food supplied kindly by Prime Group (our print supplier and also a friend of Jon)
•Milltek will bring their Time Attack car to display, and a few other interesting cars from their fast fleet
•Club stands (would Briskoda like a club area?)
•Cake/food sale
•General fundraising activities
•Raffle with some great prizes, to include a very special prize from our friends at Milltek
•Music throughout the day
•Bouncy castle for the mini-Briskodians

All of the proceeds from the day will go towards Jon's cause. We are sure that we'll be able to raise a good chunk towards what Jon needs for the machine and we are counting you guys to join us and make it happen! If you don't want to run your car on the rollers, just come along and support us and Jon for the day if you can.

Please join us, it really is a good cause and it would mean a lot to me personally if you could come and show your support.

Thanks!

So anyone up for it?

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Thanks for the info Lee

Not sure if I can make it, but hope the day goes well and plenty of money raised
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

G MA TCT

Interested in a go on the rollers - 35 per run - I'd want one in A,N & D - can they do a deal ?
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

G MA TCT

from old thread on another forum:

A "run" is 3 runs with the best two overlaid and printed out for reference.

Print Page - Open rolling road day at Shark Performance, Mansfield Sunday 30/10/11

More details of next Sunday's event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/174670852715146/

Last edited by J1JPE; 10-08-13 at 12:45.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
day , good , road , rolling

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page