Joining in - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 25-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Joining in

Friends!

I will move to Leicester (with wife, dogs and Brera) in September. Will work in the ED at the Royal Infirmary, run 5-7 miles a few times a week, frequent the local (indie) cinema(s) and look out for good music spots.

What else?

Just turned 40. Enchanted by seeing Aston Martins in the flesh in the UK. Play in a band (www.garmisch.se), take decent photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/furstrainer) and love a good movie, dinner and wine (or pale ale).

Stefan

Last edited by steffoo; 25-06-11 at 00:30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Hey Stefan
Glad you've found us liking food and drink means you'll definatly enjoy 99.9% of our meets Looking forward to meeting you at one of our meets or we can arrange a welcome to AOEM meet for you

What will you be doing in the ED at Leicester? I work at the royal Derby just up the M1
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 26-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Thank you!

Will be working as an emergency physician in the ED for (at least) 6 months. It will be a different experience from home in many aspects. If there´s more good than bad, we just might emigrate for real. My wife will continue her current job, and go home every now and then when needed.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Hi Stefan

if you're Leicester way ... you shouldn't be too far from this if you're free

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-...ml#post4241414
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddersR View Post
Hi Stefan

if you're Leicester way ... you shouldn't be too far from this if you're free

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-...ml#post4241414
it says he's moving here in September, Braddles will be a bit late for a 99 with us then
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

Come on B you left the old specs at home today or somethin
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffoo View Post
Friends!

I will move to Leicester (with wife, dogs and Brera) in September. Will work in the ED at the Royal Infirmary, run 5-7 miles a few times a week, frequent the local (indie) cinema(s) and look out for good music spots.

What else?

Just turned 40. Enchanted by seeing Aston Martins in the flesh in the UK. Play in a band (www.garmisch.se), take decent photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/furstrainer) and love a good movie, dinner and wine (or pale ale).

Stefan
Good to know there's gonna be another Alfa on the road in the area.
If you like movies and eating out, there's a relatively new area in Leicester called High Cross, which has a very good cinema (with good leg room) and quite a few eating options available and the shopping isn't too bad either, so that's a place to check out.
There's a great ice cream parlour up the road in a nice town called Market Harborough (where I live and the ice cream parlours where I work) if that's your thing, so there's quite a lot around.
All the best with your move.

2012 Alfa MiTo QV: Sabelt Seats, climate control, rear tinted windows, K&N induction, LED interior+number plate lights, LED rear turn signals, 5000k DRL's, alfa accessory gear knob, 16mm wheel spacers. More to come...

AO Member

Hi Stefan.
I work at the University of Leicester, just up the road from LRI. You'll see plenty of Alfa's on the roads around here as there is a main dealer just down the road from the hospital. A friend of mine at the Uni drives an Aston Martin DB9, so you may see one of those about too.

There's plenty to do in Leicester, lots of good restaurants and DeMontfort Hall has some good live shows. Look forward to seeing you at AOEM events!

Dunk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
joining

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page