Giulietta MA Veloce - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 20 Old 14-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Leicestershire
Giulietta MA Veloce

Afternoon all.
Been out of the loop for while with MiTo gearbox and tyre issues. We're now thinking of trading in for a Giulietta MA Veloce and just wondered if any of our fellow East Midlanders have got one or had one and what they thought of it.

I've taken one out on a test drive and the only downer was the combined fuel figure of 27.2 showing in the trip computer, but it was demonstrator so I guess it had probably been thrashed a bit. The diesels would just stretch our budget too much.

Anyway, any opinions, suggestions or other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dunk

Also, been looking at used cars and have seen a '10 plate Red 159 2.0 JTDM with 22,000 on it at another dealer for £15,500. Any opinions on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
Afternoon fella

took both the petrol and diesel 170bhp versions for a spin ..... the diesel was in veloce spec and the petrol was lusso.

Much preferred the veloce diesel tbh.... bags of get up n go and fuel economy so much better ... however if you're a thorough-bred petrol head there's only one choice
(Post Link) post #3 of 20 Old 14-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddersR View Post
Afternoon fella

took both the petrol and diesel 170bhp versions for a spin ..... the diesel was in veloce spec and the petrol was lusso.

Much preferred the veloce diesel tbh.... bags of get up n go and fuel economy so much better ... however if you're a thorough-bred petrol head there's only one choice
If I had the budget, I'd go for the diesel too, though probably the 140. I just need to know about reliablity, as we've had no end of issues with our MiTo.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk1L View Post
If I had the budget, I'd go for the diesel too, though probably the 140. I just need to know about reliablity, as we've had no end of issues with our MiTo.

hmmm reliabilty.... always a tricky one to nail down tbh.

I had my GT for just under 3 years and the only issues were a rattly boot lid which they are renowned for, a fogged up indicator lense and a drive shaft (which I think I know why that went )

Others on here will have had the same model with endless niggles and probably hated the car

You've had a bad experiance with your Mito and it's a test of faith in the brand if you decide to take on another. Just don't let one bad apple put you off

Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we should dance

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said,
but they will always remember how you made them feel.
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

might be worth asking the question in the Giulietta lounge likely to get more, and more detailed, responses in there
(Post Link) post #6 of 20 Old 20-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Morning all, the decision has been made. We're ordering our new Giulietta Veloce MA in Antricite tomorrow, should be here around mid September. So we'll be at MITCAR in our MiTo this year! Hopefully we can make it out to a greasy breakfast again soon too!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Morning all, the decision has been made. We're ordering our new Giulietta Veloce MA in Antricite tomorrow, should be here around mid September. So we'll be at MITCAR in our MiTo this year! Hopefully we can make it out to a greasy breakfast again soon too!!
Very nice. Congrats!
(Post Link) post #8 of 20 Old 20-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Very nice. Congrats!
Cheers Matt. The only problem we have now is thinking of a new name for our Giulietta. Our MiTo is called Milly
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Cheers Matt. The only problem we have now is thinking of a new name for our Giulietta. Our MiTo is called Milly
Haha hmm, I'm afraid I'm probably not the best person to help you with that one, don't really call my car anything, but often I refer to it as the Mighty Mito! Haha.
(Post Link) post #10 of 20 Old 22-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Haha hmm, I'm afraid I'm probably not the best person to help you with that one, don't really call my car anything, but often I refer to it as the Mighty Mito! Haha.
Well, the deed is done. We signed on the dotted line with the dealer last night and placed an order for a Giulietta MA Veloce in antracite grey, with electronic adjustable lumbar support, rear parking sensors and red calipers.

Alfa UK are giving us £750 as a good will gesture towards our deposit following all the problems we've had with the MiTo. Should be delivered around mid to late September, in time for the new plates!
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Well, the deed is done. We signed on the dotted line with the dealer last night and placed an order for a Giulietta MA Veloce in antracite grey, with electronic adjustable lumbar support, rear parking sensors and red calipers.

Alfa UK are giving us £750 as a good will gesture towards our deposit following all the problems we've had with the MiTo. Should be delivered around mid to late September, in time for the new plates!
Thats great news, Dunc Hope you have a much smoother time with this one
(Post Link) post #12 of 20 Old 22-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlewi View Post
Thats great news, Dunc Hope you have a much smoother time with this one
Cheers Lewi, hopefully we'll be able to make it to more events as we wont be worrying about the gearbox falling out! We're definitely going to MITCAR in the MiTo, as all the issues (touch wood) seem to have been dealt with!
Unregistered

Member car:

MarMiTo 955

Good news about the contribution from AR towards the new motor

Is it me or are AR actually listening to customers and doing something positive?

I've had 2 recent calls regarding dealer after sales service from them and apparently
my responses have been escalated to senior management status and now awaiting
a promised response.
Not bad seeing as I'm a total newcomer to AR

Shame about your MiTo though (The Julie just doesn't do it for me, although a nice car)

I hope they don't do a radical change of the M when the time comes as it's a beaut
(Post Link) post #14 of 20 Old 24-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996 View Post
Good news about the contribution from AR towards the new motor

Is it me or are AR actually listening to customers and doing something positive?

I've had 2 recent calls regarding dealer after sales service from them and apparently
my responses have been escalated to senior management status and now awaiting
a promised response.
Not bad seeing as I'm a total newcomer to AR

Shame about your MiTo though (The Julie just doesn't do it for me, although a nice car)

I hope they don't do a radical change of the M when the time comes as it's a beaut
It took a lot of fighting and phone calls to finally get action from Alfa. The main Customer Services (the 00800 number) can only do so much, so I ended up phoning Alfa UK in Slough. Originally I spoke to a Senior Customer Service Rep called Lauren Bell, but she's now left so I've been dealing with a really helpful guy called Medassa, who offered the good will gesture. My advice is that if you have any problems, skip the Customer Service people in Italy and go straight to Alfa UK. I just phone the main number (01753 511431) and ask to speak to Medassa.
Unregistered

Member car:

MarMiTo 955

Quote:
It took a lot of fighting and phone calls to finally get action from Alfa. The main Customer Services (the 00800 number) can only do so much, so I ended up phoning Alfa UK in Slough. Originally I spoke to a Senior Customer Service Rep called Lauren Bell, but she's now left so I've been dealing with a really helpful guy called Medassa, who offered the good will gesture. My advice is that if you have any problems, skip the Customer Service people in Italy and go straight to Alfa UK. I just phone the main number (01753 511431) and ask to speak to Medassa.
Thanks will keep that in mind if Italy don't follow up
(Post Link) post #16 of 20 Old 29-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quick update, just spoken to the dealer and my new Giulietta 170MA is waiting in their compound. Not bad, 6 weeks from order to delivery! Now I've got to be patient and wait until 1st September to collect it! #overexcited
Global Mod Team

Garage
Woohoo!

Only a month to wait!

Nice one Dunk.
(Post Link) post #18 of 20 Old 08-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Woohoo!

Only a month to wait!

Nice one Dunk.
Slight change of plan, the car is here, so we're collecting her this Thursday evening. So her first public outing will be MITCAR on Sunday!
Global Mod Team

Garage
That's great news! Looking forward to seeing your new bella.
(Post Link) post #20 of 20 Old 12-08-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

We managed to get the delivery pushed back to today, so only a few more hours and we'll be taking delivery. I've been running my MiTo on fumes the last day or so! See you all Sunday morning at LFE!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
giulietta , veloce

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page