Motorvogue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 14-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Motorvogue

Anyone on here got any thoughts about Motorvogue in Northampton? The missus has seen a black MiTo they have for sale and fancies to pop down to see it at the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
Never heard of them
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

me neither.....

helpful aint we
(Post Link) post #4 of 11 Old 15-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

I'd never heard of them either, hence the query, but they claim to sell Approved Used Alfa's (& Fiat's, Seat's & Suzuki's).

MotorVogue Northampton, East Midlands Dealership | Alfa Romeo | Fiat | Seat | Suzuki
AO Member

Just bought a 159 SW 2.4 from them,
Seemed very good plenty of cars, decent knowledge freindly and helpfull. Not the cheapest but if you push hard you can get a good deal I dealt with edmund.
Graham P

Yeah they are thew main dealer in Northampton. I have spoke to them in the past about cars they have for sale and everytime I speak to an extremely posh fella. They have done all the servicing on my Blackline (I didn't take it there mind it was the previous owner). The prices there seem fair enough

County: -

Member car:

Mito Sprint

Have dealt with them for many years mainly with Fiats. Bought my first ***** from them this week. A Mito Sprint. Typical used car salesmen if you hold out you'll get a better deal
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
I purchased my Giulietta from them back in February and dealt with Adam. To be fair he was excellent; allowed me to take the car on a long spirited test drive and his follow-up procedure since owning the car has been spot-on. He even wangled a deal for me on the car mats with their less than helpful chap in parts before accompanying me to the nearest garage upon picking the car up to pay and fill the thing up with fuel. I had to push my luck with them to begin with but hold out and they will budge (a little!). Best of luck!
AO Member

County: Cornwall

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

I used to like in Leicester and visited Motorvogue with my Alfa 147 to get certain things looked at, and very expensive for the repairs.

Went there last summer to look at purchasing a MiTO, and it was a real struggle to get any sort of deal, unless you wanted to pay an extra 3000 in interest on finance spread of 10 years etc. Infact what made me laugh is that it was up for 14,995, I asked the salesman to go see his manager to get the best price for a straight forward card sale, and he came back with some quote done on fancy paper for 15,499.......... 500 more haha!!

I have also had problems with the servicing and repairs department before, for the price you pay (compared to indie) you expect atleast the same standard of work. They botched up a breakpad replacement, charging me for a good quality pad, and putting on some cheap brand I have never heard of. After some investigation on my part, they refunded me the money.....but with no apologie!

Plus, my next door neighbour had so many problems with waranty jobs at this place. 12 months he got with his GT, and he had 3 problems in that time, NONE of which they admitted was there. In the end he spent 900 of his own money to get the problems repaired, all of which Motorvogue should have done under warranty! It was a nightmare for him to get anything sorted. I know because I had to take him over there to try and get his car back, and listened to the conversations and arguments he had with the manager there. It was disgraceful the way they spoke to him, a 60 year old man, treating him like he was stupid!

My advice is to stay away, very smartly dressed and polite salesman..........until they have your money

Last edited by MillI; 01-04-11 at 17:09.
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillI View Post
I used to like in Leicester and visited Motorvogue with my Alfa 147 to get certain things looked at, and very expensive for the repairs.

Went there last summer to look at purchasing a MiTO, and it was a real struggle to get any sort of deal, unless you wanted to pay an extra 3000 in interest on finance spread of 10 years etc. Infact what made me laugh is that it was up for 14,995, I asked the salesman to go see his manager to get the best price for a straight forward card sale, and he came back with some quote done on fancy paper for 15,499.......... 500 more haha!!

I have also had problems with the servicing and repairs department before, for the price you pay (compared to indie) you expect atleast the same standard of work. They botched up a breakpad replacement, charging me for a good quality pad, and putting on some cheap brand I have never heard of. After some investigation on my part, they refunded me the money.....but with no apologie!

Plus, my next door neighbour had so many problems with waranty jobs at this place. 12 months he got with his GT, and he had 3 problems in that time, NONE of which they admitted was there. In the end he spent 900 of his own money to get the problems repaired, all of which Motorvogue should have done under warranty! It was a nightmare for him to get anything sorted. I know because I had to take him over there to try and get his car back, and listened to the conversations and arguments he had with the manager there. It was disgraceful the way they spoke to him, a 60 year old man, treating him like he was stupid!

My advice is to stay away, very smartly dressed and polite salesman..........until they have your money
thats just salesmen in general is it not in my experience anyway
Mattgusto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillI View Post
....Went there last summer to look at purchasing a MiTO, and it was a real struggle to get any sort of deal, unless you wanted to pay an extra 3000 in interest on finance spread of 10 years etc. Infact what made me laugh is that it was up for 14,995, I asked the salesman to go see his manager to get the best price for a straight forward card sale, and he came back with some quote done on fancy paper for 15,499.......... 500 more haha!!
The 'manager' i think you are talking about got involved in one of the three cars we ordered from there as a family in a 3 month period. (two mitos 1 fiat 500)

It was a dispute over a part ex valuation they had promised and he was trying to worm out of it. In the end he did such a bad job he was demoted (so we were told) and we were sent a batch of flowers and an apology over the service we had plus 300 voucher for a service. However, the flowers and voucher only came after Fiat UK's call asking us how we felt about their service with regards to the 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
Yeah they are thew main dealer in Northampton. I have spoke to them in the past about cars they have for sale and everytime I speak to an extremely posh fella. They have done all the servicing on my Blackline (I didn't take it there mind it was the previous owner). The prices there seem fair enough
Thats Alex I think, sold us the two Mitos. He seems quite genuine and reasonable when we dealt with him

Overall Motorvogue are OK, but watch out for the service letters coming through the post: stating you must take your car in or else your warrently is invalid after a year....whereas actually thats only true if you have done less than 6,000 miles. Not stated on their letter though

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
motorvogue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page