Body repair shops - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 23-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Body repair shops

I've taken a small amount of damage to my MiTo, and was wondering if anybody knows of a good body repair shop in Leicestershire? I've had a quote by a local shop, but the quote price was ridiculous tbh. I've also had a quote from halfords and that was a lot better at more than 100 cheaper, but is there anywhere else I can get a quote? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

i'm a little further away from you but there is a fantastic bodyshop just around the corner from me, to give a rough idea of price, last winter i had an incident on some ice in my 156 went into a wall, smashed the bumped into 3 pieces, smashed the inner wheel arch, the number plate and it's mount and the fog light surround, the total cost was 300 that included new wheel arch, new plate, and mount and new fog light suround, paint, and all the labour costs involved with plastic welding the bumper, sanding and repainting all the damaged areas, the bodyshop is in Eastwood in Nottinghamshire, bit of a way to travel but i can vouch 100% for his work

(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 23-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny140986 View Post
i'm a little further away from you but there is a fantastic bodyshop just around the corner from me, to give a rough idea of price, last winter i had an incident on some ice in my 156 went into a wall, smashed the bumped into 3 pieces, smashed the inner wheel arch, the number plate and it's mount and the fog light surround, the total cost was 300 that included new wheel arch, new plate, and mount and new fog light suround, paint, and all the labour costs involved with plastic welding the bumper, sanding and repainting all the damaged areas, the bodyshop is in Eastwood in Nottinghamshire, bit of a way to travel but i can vouch 100% for his work
Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds like they would be alot more reasonable. I've got about a penny sized amount of damage on my front bumper and one company quoted me about 280!!! In comparison Halfords quoted me 135 so it's better but it's really such a small amount of damage I don't really want to spend that so I'll have to see. Do you know the name of the body shop in Eastwood? Thanks again.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

if it's only s small area of damge then it may be even cheap to try contacting Chips Away as they offer a mobile service so travelling is not an issue, and come highly recommended by the East Midlands rep GtLewi whom had some work done by them, both on the body and repairing some damage to a wheel too.
AO Member

County: -
i know a good body shop off Loughborough Rd, let me know if you're interested and i'll pass on the number. He has done about 7/8 jobs for me the last 4 years and he his work is very good and reasonable!
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 16-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Well I've taken up Danny's advice and gone with Chips Away. There fixing the damage next Thursday. It's the cheapest I could find and plus they have etna black as oppose to just mixing up a paint to try and get a match. Thanks for the recommendations though guys.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 23-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Right guys, John from Chips away fixed my little dent on my MiTo today. Spent the whole day on the car and was waiting for me at work this morning ready to start. Well i didn't take any pics of the damage to my right front fin before i got the damage fixed, so there's no point posting a pic of what it looks like now cus it looks like new! Really good job and I highly recommend John Loweth from Chips Away so here's his phone number 07815 873 703. He only works in Leicestershire and closely around so he won't go everywhere although there should be someone from Chips away in your area. Great job.

2012 Alfa MiTo QV: Sabelt Seats, climate control, rear tinted windows, K&N induction, LED interior+number plate lights, LED rear turn signals, 5000k DRL's, alfa accessory gear knob, 16mm wheel spacers. More to come...

AO Silver Member

Member car:

2005 147 JTD

great stuff, glad you got it sorted
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 23-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny140986 View Post
great stuff, glad you got it sorted
Yeah thanks again for the recommendation Dan.
AO Member

Member car:

'03 GTV V6

Used John myself over the years. He does a very good job.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
body , repair , shops

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page