Good drives? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 12-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Good drives?

Hey guys. Had my MiTo for 6 weeks tomorrow now and i just keep wanting to drive her so was wondering if anyone had found some really good driving roads in the east midlands area? I've found a good drive from Market Harborough to Melton and a few others but I want to find some more. .
Also is there gonna be any meets and cruises coming up soon in the area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Meet at cherry tree pub tomorrow (sunday 13th) junction at A38/Willington shell garage, check out Derby crew/east mids.

Nice roads! MMmmmmmm... yes, the Melton road is good (also across to Grantham from Melton) How about the Ibstock to Hinckley road (passing Mallory park)
Dont forget the obvious Cat & fiddle run in the peak district (mind those bikers, I am one)

Good Luck & Safe driving.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 12-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
Meet at cherry tree pub tomorrow (sunday 13th) junction at A38/Willington shell garage, check out Derby crew/east mids.

Nice roads! MMmmmmmm... yes, the Melton road is good (also across to Grantham from Melton) How about the Ibstock to Hinckley road (passing Mallory park)
Dont forget the obvious Cat & fiddle run in the peak district (mind those bikers, I am one)

Good Luck & Safe driving.
Would love to meet tomorrow but unfortunetly got plans. How often do you meet there and how many of you?

Hmm might give that ibstock to Hinckley route a blast of Monday thanks. .
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Hey guys. Had my MiTo for 6 weeks tomorrow now and i just keep wanting to drive her so was wondering if anyone had found some really good driving roads in the east midlands area? I've found a good drive from Market Harborough to Melton and a few others but I want to find some more. .
Also is there gonna be any meets and cruises coming up soon in the area?
Hi Matt, just mind that road, especially on a motorbike day out aka Sunday.....nearly ended up with bike, driver and pillion over the top of the spider on the way home from the EM picnic the other week..........not fun
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 16-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
Hi Matt, just mind that road, especially on a motorbike day out aka Sunday.....nearly ended up with bike, driver and pillion over the top of the spider on the way home from the EM picnic the other week..........not fun
Hey . Thanks alot, I'll bear that in mind. It's abit of a drive for me so not quite sure when i'll give it a blast. Hopefully soon. Haha.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

If you venture up into the peask theres plenty of good roads, not only the Cat and Fiddle but the A53 Leek to Buxton road is great too Closer to home there are a couple of cracking roads between Leicester and Stamford that me and Halibut found by mistake when we got lost enroute to Spring Alfa Day
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 21-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlewi View Post
If you venture up into the peask theres plenty of good roads, not only the Cat and Fiddle but the A53 Leek to Buxton road is great too Closer to home there are a couple of cracking roads between Leicester and Stamford that me and Halibut found by mistake when we got lost enroute to Spring Alfa Day
Thanks for the recommendations, just took my MiTo to Rutland Water today and there's some absolutley fantastic roads from Market Harborough to there around the Uppingham, Oakham area and as you say towards the Stamford area also. Fantastic fun. .
wighead

Try the back roads round bagworth, markfield and desford, there are some short but sweet roads and the back road leading from Ashby de-la-Zouch through Packington to Heather is a good few mile stretch.

If you can get it quiet the roads betwenn Wymswold to Melton is a good one, espically with the big dipper done at high (but safe) speed along the way.

(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 01-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wighead View Post
Try the back roads round bagworth, markfield and desford, there are some short but sweet roads and the back road leading from Ashby de-la-Zouch through Packington to Heather is a good few mile stretch.

If you can get it quiet the roads betwenn Wymswold to Melton is a good one, espically with the big dipper done at high (but safe) speed along the way.
Ow yeah, I know about that big dipper. . Love it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
drives , good

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page