The Save Donington Park Parade Day - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Midlands All events and potential meets in East Midlands

The Save Donington Park Parade Day
Calendar: Event Calendar
gtlewi
AO Silver Member

07-03-10
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Hello everyone,

So for the March AOEM meet:

Seeing as we've been talking about the state of disrepair at Donington for a while I reckon attending the official fund raising day is a good way to show and give our support to our local world famous racetrack The huge response to what has happened at the track recently means that the Wheatcroft family are in full support of this and along with the Donington staff are gonna do all they can to make this day a success and save the track. There will be a whole load of other car clubs there along with an autojumble, access to the musuem exhibits, a fun fair for the little 'uns and food/ drink

The date is the Sunday 7th of March 2010, we will need to get there soon after 8AM so you will need to congregate at Donington Park services for 7.45AM. There will be no entry fee but a fee of £5 will be needed if you want to nose around the museum, donations will also be accepted on the day.

The official website for the save donington campaign is here. You can sign a guest book on the site and also join their facebook group. Have a read to get an idea of what theyre trying to do

EDIT 16/02/2010: Having been in touch with the organisers we will be able to take 50 cars to make up the Alfaowner stand Any others above this number should still RSVP yes and hopefully on the day we can have a go at squeezing them in to the stand. We will be the best represented car club there thanks to you lot

The address for the event will be:

Donington Park,
Castle Donington,
Derby,
DE74 2RP

EDIT 19/02/2010 I would like to form a convoy of most of the attending cars from the Donington Park Services to travel to Donington track. This will not only enable easier show parking but will also look So if you could congregate there before setting off that would be great, myself or someone nominated will then lead the convoy to the parking area. YOU WILL NEED TO BE AT THE SERVICES FOR 7.45AM TO CONVOY TO THE CIRCUIT AT AROUND 8AM

The address for the services is:

J23a M1
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2TN

This should be a great day and for great cause so lets get a healthy AO contingent to show off our gorgeous cars

The Save Donington Park Parade Day
Calendar: Event Calendar
gtlewi
AO Silver Member

07-03-10
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Hello everyone,

So for the March AOEM meet:

Seeing as we've been talking about the state of disrepair at Donington for a while I reckon attending the official fund raising day is a good way to show and give our support to our local world famous racetrack The huge response to what has happened at the track recently means that the Wheatcroft family are in full support of this and along with the Donington staff are gonna do all they can to make this day a success and save the track. There will be a whole load of other car clubs there along with an autojumble, access to the musuem exhibits, a fun fair for the little 'uns and food/ drink

The date is the Sunday 7th of March 2010, we will need to get there soon after 8AM so you will need to congregate at Donington Park services for 7.45AM. There will be no entry fee but a fee of £5 will be needed if you want to nose around the museum, donations will also be accepted on the day.

The official website for the save donington campaign is here. You can sign a guest book on the site and also join their facebook group. Have a read to get an idea of what theyre trying to do

EDIT 16/02/2010: Having been in touch with the organisers we will be able to take 50 cars to make up the Alfaowner stand Any others above this number should still RSVP yes and hopefully on the day we can have a go at squeezing them in to the stand. We will be the best represented car club there thanks to you lot

The address for the event will be:

Donington Park,
Castle Donington,
Derby,
DE74 2RP

EDIT 19/02/2010 I would like to form a convoy of most of the attending cars from the Donington Park Services to travel to Donington track. This will not only enable easier show parking but will also look So if you could congregate there before setting off that would be great, myself or someone nominated will then lead the convoy to the parking area. YOU WILL NEED TO BE AT THE SERVICES FOR 7.45AM TO CONVOY TO THE CIRCUIT AT AROUND 8AM

The address for the services is:

J23a M1
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2TN

This should be a great day and for great cause so lets get a healthy AO contingent to show off our gorgeous cars

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Northamptonshire
Great to meet you all yesterday, many happy hours spent at Donington Park, shame to see it disappear, so the chance to show my support and a day with you mad people sounds great............. :HAPPY:

More polishing.......

Last edited by Stu GTV; 08-02-10 at 19:24. Reason: added more polishing
(Post Link) post #3 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey21 View Post
Great to meet you all yesterday, many happy hours spent at Donington Park, shame to see it disappear, so the chance to show my support and a day with you mad people sounds great.............:HAPPY:

More polishing.......
Good man Should be a good day
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
If it means just to get a place in the 'show' area I have to polish me pipes......I'm not sure I'm up for that!!! But perhaps as I appear to have quite a rare coloured bella, it might be worth a quick spit n polish
(Post Link) post #5 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Come on Jilly, a zoe yellow spider is a must on an Alfa stand
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
If it means just to get a place in the 'show' area I have to polish me pipes......I'm not sure I'm up for that!!! But perhaps as I appear to have quite a rare coloured bella, it might be worth a quick spit n polish
Good girl..... :HAPPY: .....if your too busy with work I'll come over and polish Zoe for you...
kevjtd

will be there, either in my SW or the Sud, if I get it all back together in time

(Post Link) post #8 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjtd View Post
will be there, either in my SW or the Sud, if I get it all back together in time
Brilliant, Kev Looking forward to meeting you again.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Good girl.....:HAPPY:.....if your too busy with work I'll come over and polish Zoe for you...
Stuart Was trying to get to Halfords today to get bulbs.......ha! I wish...........NO time f'in ell....you can polish ma bella anytime you want
kevjtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlewi View Post
Brilliant, Kev Looking forward to meeting you again.
you to

funnily enough, i saw you yesterday in the pics from the epsom day thought i recognised you, took a few mins for it to click

if the weather clears and i get the engine/'box back in the sud then it will give it a nice run out, but more likely the 156 again due to me very much doubting the british weather

will be good to show support to donington though, it's the only track around for the best viewing

really hope it does get saved

(Post Link) post #11 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
you to

funnily enough, i saw you yesterday in the pics from the epsom day thought i recognised you, took a few mins for it to click

if the weather clears and i get the engine/'box back in the sud then it will give it a nice run out, but more likely the 156 again due to me very much doubting the british weather

will be good to show support to donington though, it's the only track around for the best viewing

really hope it does get saved
I think this is the best way we can support it so fingers crossed
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Nice one Kev.......see you there.......and the day before if your going to the Scalextric meet........

Hope you have not been trolley dropping.........
kevjtd

Quote:
Nice one Kev.......see you there.......and the day before if your going to the Scalextric meet........

Hope you have not been trolley dropping.........
BINGO!!!! well done Stu

was looking at the calendar at work today and wondering why i'd booked the saturday off work, now I know why

perfect timing then, we can race around donington on the saturday and the real thing on the sunday

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
BINGO!!!! well done Stu

was looking at the calendar at work today and wondering why i'd booked the saturday off work, now I know why

perfect timing then, we can race around donington on the saturday and the real thing on the sunday
To be honest I hadn't realised the connection of the two days in that respect, now that's spooky........
rhett71

Will you be able to drive the circuit on the day?? I've done it on a bike with the ron haslam race school and would love to do it in my own car!!!

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett71 View Post
Will you be able to drive the circuit on the day?? I've done it on a bike with the ron haslam race school and would love to do it in my own car!!!
Oooh oooooh ME too????
rhett71

five days to go to what?

(Post Link) post #18 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I dont think there is a complete track to go round at the moment unfortunatly So I think you'll have to make do with a bolast on the B roads around donny
AO Gold Member

Quote:
five days to go to what?
Log on on Saturday and my status will be

I'm getting married in the morning

accompanied by music, angels, men in sexy underwear...................oh and Bradders doing something totally unsuitable........as usual!
AO Gold Member

Lets see if he finds this post
rhett71

Congratulations!!!Thats my feminine side!!

AO Gold Member

Quote:
five days to go to what?
Make some 'friends' Rhett????
(Post Link) post #23 of 1174 Old 08-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

you gonna rsvp yes for this then wedding girl?
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlewi View Post
you gonna rsvp yes for this then wedding girl?
She's multi tasking at the mo.....IM to me, chat thread, juggling............
rhett71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
Make some 'friends' Rhett????
I'm pretty new to the "get more than fixing your car part" of this club!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Midlands

Tags
day , donington , parade , park , save

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page