I've got her! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk
Wave I've got her!

Here she is:

AR 159 ti.jpg

I hope I've managed to upload the pic https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

Picked her up on Thursday. She's a 158 2.4 ti (saloon). First impressions? Well it will take some getting used to. My car history is wide and varied: Skoda's to Jag's to Fords (c**p) to Subaru's and my last car was a Honda s2000 But this is my first diesel (I don't count the Land Rover Discovery I once owned - more like a tractor than a car - great vehicle all the same).

So after nearly 3 years and 40,000+ miles in an S2000 the 159 is a massive change. I feel like I'm sitting in a bus (because I sit so high up - relatively speaking). The 159 feels really slow too so a DPF, EGR, Remap will be a priority. I like the change from the high revving VTEC to the lazy torque of the burbling 5 cylinder; actually the noise of the 2.4 from inside the car is really nice. But the need for more speed will have to be addressed soon!

The 159 feels very heavy too and it's weird reverting back to FWD after several RWD and the 4WD Subaru. But it is really comfortable and reasonably well equipped. Oh and it has 'street appeal' in abundance (at least if the comments from my friends and neighbours are anything to go by).

All in all I'm happy with Alfa Romeo ownership so far. A feeling which I'm sure will get better with each mile Happy days ahead

NB I did manage to upload the pic (a minor miracle for me as I'm a complete technophobe)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Taranaki

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Very nice looking car, enjoy!
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 27-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNZ View Post
Very nice looking car, enjoy!
Thanks.

I am starting to enjoy her. Just a completely different driving experience from my last car. I think I've finally found a comfortable driving position and really appreciate the 'smooth' ride. It feels like a quality car too. Everything feels solid and well made. I love the real aluminium on the dash (quality)

Definitely need some more power/torque though. I've been looking on the forum for other AO's experiences. I know the DPF/EGR removal seems to be a no brainer along with a re-map. And people tell me that will also improve the mpg! Just need to decide who's going to do it. Someone mentioned AH Tuning in Crawley but I can't find them. Anyone know who or where they are? I've spoken to Ady at AHM. Are they the same company (maybe just moved)?
AO Gold Member

County: Durham
Nice one.
AO Member

County: Essex
I too picked my 159 up today. Its certainly a lot different to all the other cars I have. When Im driving my old Landy I just smile...and its the same with the Alfa......I must look like a complete idiot!

Im looking to get mine remapped and the egr and dpf sorted. If anyone knows anyone in the Colchester area then let me know.....need to know prices as well!!

Congrats on the car!!!
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 03-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdoog View Post
I too picked my 159 up today. Its certainly a lot different to all the other cars I have. When Im driving my old Landy I just smile...and its the same with the Alfa......I must look like a complete idiot!

Im looking to get mine remapped and the egr and dpf sorted. If anyone knows anyone in the Colchester area then let me know.....need to know prices as well!!

Congrats on the car!!!
Cheers! Enjoying it more every day!

I've been speaking to a few companies about re-map/egr/dpf work and want mine done soon. Perhaps there's a deal to be had if we both book in at the same time?

PM me if you're interested and I'll see what can be done

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page