Is there a representative for East Anglia on AO? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

Spacecadet

Is there a representative for East Anglia on AO?

As title really?

Is there anything in the way of events in the neighbourhood? Seems a tad empty.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
I think PaulR used to be before he became a moderator, their isn't one listed under moderators in this lounge.
crazycarb

No.

AO Member

County: Norfolk
As Crazycrab says "no" and due to the vast area trying to treat it all as one will never work as other clubs have found in the past - the only way is Sections for each of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire (hope I haven't omitted any County!) with the obvious ability to attend outside your parochial area. There's also little in the way of 'all club' activity in East Anglia (such as Goodwood Breakfast Meets, Cars On The Green, etc.) where like minded people can get together and generate interest from there. Plenty of enthusiasts vehicles in the area (I speak mainly for Norfolk) but seems many owners are "b.....y minded individuals" who just do their own thing......the recently formed ANVCs - replacing the sometime defunct ANCC - looks to be a 'non starter' although several clubs have joined up as members.
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
It would be great if someone who felt they could do the job were to step forward and make themselves known. Just drop a PM to a red member of staff.

We were trying to address this and other vacancies, but recent forum issues have kind of gotten in the way. Hopefully we will now have the time to spend on moving forward
crazycarb

I very much agree with Carrotsuckers post completely.
East Anglia is far too huge an area for 1 or 2 reps to cover, organise and keep forum members happy.
It is quite natural for a particular rep wanting to organise something within their own stamping ground, and they will never know of events further afield, but within the EA area.
If you are ever going to even start to get something like that off the ground, it needs to split into smaller factions, with of course the facility to join up with other area factions events as and when.
I belong to Bury retro car club. This is a club run by younger very enthusiastic folk (20's/30's) (Yes there are Elders too with Old rover 3 litres, Hillmans etc)who welcome members of other clubs to their events, and My wife and I recently had a great day recently at the clubs "Family fun day". We had competitions between clubs, 3 legged races, spark plug & spoon, Tug of war (with proper regulatory rope), Bar B q....You name it. We had a fantastic time and everybody parked in a huge square. We had our own club members there from Early corvette, (our two Alfas of course),Fords of all sorts, a bouncing Merc, Superb minis (one with a Ford Cosworth engine in) and many many more. There was Bury V Dubbers club & Kings Lynn Capri club, all with a dazzling array of cars.
They would probably welcome an AO faction to their events.(15 a year and a full Calendar).
They are the organisers of "Cars on the Green" at Nowton pk, Bury (Where we showed our Spider).and organise all sorts of stuff besides their monthly meets at t'pub.
I would be proud to be an alfa organiser for a very small area, but I just do not believe there is enough interest from others to form a solo club, but affiliating could work well.
Now then, if folk from other areas were to look at something similar (ie Norfolk, South Cambs, North Cambs,) and maybe more, you may have maybe 3 or 4 members from each small area, but at an Important show, all get together for a good display.
At Cars on the Green last year there were over a thousand cars, from numerous & various clubs with good attendance but only 3 or 4 Alfas and one of those was on Desiras stand, we went on the Bury retro car club stand with the spider and there was an independant GT junior.
I am sure that club members all have different strenghs and weaknesses. I would be happy to assist a fellow club member on a mechanical repair etc. and I'm sure others could bring something to the table.
So to sum up all that waffle..........Break the areas up into smaller factions, but first and foremost you have to break the Apathy that surrounds us, and I need to admit that I was an Apathy casualty, as I wanted more from a club than an occasional plate of chips.
Find an exisitng club and affiliate to it as AO'ers...
Others may disagree with my train of thought, and quite rightly so. You can please some of the people some of the time, you can't please all the people all of the time.

Durty dog

I will have to agree with crazy carb on this, I'm in northamptonshire which covers a huge area yet if i want to do a meet its either the east midlands which is 70 miles away. This weekend i done north west which is 150 miles away, now don't get me wrong i loved the meets and meeting everyone but surely something can be set up for more local meets/events?

AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
I have being both an area rep and national events orgainser for another car club I may consider throwing my hat in to the ring if. The area was a touch smaller

County groups would be better
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
TBH when I was doing the job a few years back I organised events in each county in turn so as to ahem "spread it about a bit". It worked to a degree but it did mean there were only quarterly meetings in each county. Perhaps if have we more than one rep it would work better and we could organise monthly meets in each county.

If anyone would like to organise an event to "get the feel of it" then let me know and I'll act as your secretary and do the official posting with the RSVP.

In the meantime we have this in Norfolk for 20 October:-

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-...and-chips.html

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

Last edited by PaulR; 26-09-13 at 21:44. Reason: Corrective spelling

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
anglia , east , representative

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page