Cars on the green - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

crazycarb

Cars on the green

If any of you local AOers are at a loose end on Sun, the "cars on the green" show is on at Nowton pk, Bury st Edmunds. Entrance is FREE and there will be a variation of cars there from dealers showing their brand new models to classics.
I'll be there with the spider on the Bury retro car club stand (I've just joined).
It's in aid of the air ambulance and st Nicholas hospice.
It starts at 10am.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

Not an Alfa :-(

I went along to this. It was very busy with plenty to see, although it was lacking a little in Alfa content. I only counted 4 Alfas. The local Alfa dealer (Desira's ) could only provide 2 Mito's, and not even a Giulietta.
An enjoyable morning out. I only wish I had a suitable car to take to shows like this.
crazycarb

Yes a great day! Hundreds of exhibitors from a Cadillac the size of my front room to a Parilla cafe racer.
One of those Alfas was my spider. I was next to my mates sierra RS Cosworth on the Bury club stand.
Got talking to John who owns the big healey 100 (parked behind us) and he asked if we would like to be in "his gang" also, so looks like we're joining another club!
I loved the vee dub club Rat look cars/campers and such an immense eclectic mix of cars from the 30's to the present day.
The red GT1300 junior sounded nice.
The show is already booked again at the same venue for next year.
Congrats to all the committee members of Bury retro car club for getting this going from it's now out grown old venue to it's new impressive home, and long may it grow to what they hope will be EA's biggest car show.

AO Member

Member car:

I saw your Spider, it looks stunning. The GT1300 Junior looked rather nice too.
AO Member

Was my gt junior, really good show, I always like these mixed shows, you get to see the quirky and the weird

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My "take home wish" was the Saab 99 turbo
AO Member

Member car:

I was wondering if that was your GT 1300 Junior. Incidentally the Saab 99 Turbo belongs to a mate of mine.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
So how about we have our own stand next year??
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy76 View Post
So how about we have our own stand next year??
Good thought Swampy, You may get a few yes's to start, but as it creeps nearer, Uncle apathy will come a-knockin on their doors and the "sorry can't make it's" will start rolling in.
I'll be staying/displaying with the club I have just joined. (They actually organise it).

crazycarb

Report from local paper....4,000 folk through the gate! great success...Next year Jun 15th.....All you need to do is contact Dan or Charlie or maybe Jono at the club and book yourself in as an independant.(Unless you live near Bury, then join the club).

Global Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlssondesign View Post
Was my gt junior, really good show, I always like these mixed shows, you get to see the quirky and the weird

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

My "take home wish" was the Saab 99 turbo
Only just seen this - great pics.

I had one of the first Saab 99 Turbos - secondhand you understand - in the 1980s. I thought it was amazing with the boost gauge stuck on as an afterthought on the top of the dash. I'd plant my foot and count, one, two, three and I'd hear the turbo spool up , whistle then WHOOSH. It taught me to anticipate.

TBH it was only 120 bhp - 30 less than a TS engine. It was fun then though and looked really good in black. The 900 Turbo (had one of those as well) looked even better.

I had articles published in the SAAB Owners Club Magazine back then - happy days.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
cars , green

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page