Hi all - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

Closed Thread

(Post Link) post #1 of 28 Old 23-05-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Hi all

I hope that everyone is OK in the region.

I am hanging up my rep status and leaving the site....for now.

For those of you who know me I'm sure you'll understand why and hope that you keep in touch. I will still plan and run themonthly pub outing locally and hope to see all the regulars still coming along...we're a great crowd and it will be 'advertised' on FB as usual

Thanks to all of you who have supported me and I hope that you get some reps who can take up the mantel and get some stuff going......NOT for the want of trying I can assure you!

If you want my contact details please PM me.

Keep the faith y'all

JF xx

Jillyflower-x-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: South Yorkshire
Aww flower .....
AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
gutted
LincsKris

I know completely where Jilly is coming from, you'll all have noticed I haven't been around for some time. I have also decided to leave the forum and have also sold my spider. I would like to wish everyone the best and I hope you get behind Sean and whatever new reps you get in the future.

Kris

AO Gold Member

Have fun the pair of you ...

* I didn't mean together .... ... you know what I mean .. *
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
Garage
:waving: all the best both
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Good look to you both
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisE View Post
I know completely where Jilly is coming from, you'll all have noticed I haven't been around for some time. I have also decided to leave the forum and have also sold my spider. I would like to wish everyone the best and I hope you get behind Sean and whatever new reps you get in the future.

Kris
blimey it's all happening this week.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
We will miss the pair of you

Good luck with whatever you do, whatever you drive.

.....and we will more than likely be here if you come back.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
I hope that everyone is OK in the region.

I am hanging up my rep status and leaving the site....for now.

For those of you who know me I'm sure you'll understand why and hope that you keep in touch. I will still plan and run themonthly pub outing locally and hope to see all the regulars still coming along...we're a great crowd and it will be 'advertised' on FB as usual

Thanks to all of you who have supported me and I hope that you get some reps who can take up the mantel and get some stuff going......NOT for the want of trying I can assure you!

If you want my contact details please PM me.

Keep the faith y'all

JF xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisE View Post

Kris
AO Member

Oh dear, not good when there are two resignations from what seemed to be a sparse collection of people anyway. Why is it that the area - Norfolk in particular - seems to generate little interest? Just compare with only a few years ago when quite a crowd turned up for Xmas lunch in Sheringham.......and there's plenty of Alfas around in the area..............................
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrotsucker View Post
Oh dear, not good when there are two resignations from what seemed to be a sparse collection of people anyway. Why is it that the area - Norfolk in particular - seems to generate little interest? Just compare with only a few years ago when quite a crowd turned up for Xmas lunch in Sheringham.......and there's plenty of Alfas around in the area..............................
Times change and so do people .. if you think you can do a "better" job .. put you name forward ...
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Seriously...............how about some volunteers?
crazycarb

As on all forums, whatever the subject, the tidal movements take place, people come, people go.
I have to admit that this is the 1st forum I have ever joined that has "area reps".
I would volunteer, but I haven't been around that long?
I also believe that being a rep for a "region" is far too much, as my local knowledge does not extend to the whole region.
My true thoughts are that the region should be split into...say, counties in the region and if that were the case, would gladly step up to the plate for Suffolk county.(any events arranged for the county would of course be open to all comers from any area as is the case now).
I am also aware that whatever you are a "rep" for, be it a company or in this case a forum club with no set membership, that some kind of support would be forthcoming from the administration of the forum, obviously not financial, but I am unsure what support admin give to their reps?
I am a willing contender, but not for a complete region.
We will be keeping the spider for ever now, so I shall not be drifting off to another marque. I do have some ideas other than pubs & food, which I would hope would inspire some silent sideline watchers to enter the ring and enjoy their cars.

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Sorry to see this Jilly,hope to see you around still.

Martin
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
As on all forums, whatever the subject, the tidal movements take place, people come, people go.
I have to admit that this is the 1st forum I have ever joined that has "area reps".
I would volunteer, but I haven't been around that long?
I also believe that being a rep for a "region" is far too much, as my local knowledge does not extend to the whole region.
My true thoughts are that the region should be split into...say, counties in the region and if that were the case, would gladly step up to the plate for Suffolk county.(any events arranged for the county would of course be open to all comers from any area as is the case now).
I am also aware that whatever you are a "rep" for, be it a company or in this case a forum club with no set membership, that some kind of support would be forthcoming from the administration of the forum, obviously not financial, but I am unsure what support admin give to their reps?
I am a willing contender, but not for a complete region.
We will be keeping the spider for ever now, so I shall not be drifting off to another marque. I do have some ideas other than pubs & food, which I would hope would inspire some silent sideline watchers to enter the ring and enjoy their cars.
I did the rep thing for E Anglia a few years back and did find it a large area but managed to move meets around Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire. I enjoyed it.

If we could get volunteers from each county I am sure it could work.

Crazycarb - I think you are Ipswich based (Suffolk at least) like me - happy to help if you are serious about volunteering.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Good lad, Carb.
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I did the rep thing for E Anglia a few years back and did find it a large area but managed to move meets around Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire. I enjoyed it.

If we could get volunteers from each county I am sure it could work.

Crazycarb - I think you are Ipswich based (Suffolk at least) like me - happy to help if you are serious about volunteering.
I am central Bury st Edmunds based. I'm more than willing to step up and represent Suffolk/Sth Norfolk.
Cambs/Nth Norfolk is far too big an area on it's own for me to be involved in as I am not familiar with the county and therefore would probably not be able to give members in that area fair across the board representation as to event organising.
I am unsure as to who to contact to put my name forward??

AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
I am central Bury st Edmunds based. I'm more than willing to step up and represent Suffolk/Sth Norfolk.
Cambs/Nth Norfolk is far too big an area on it's own for me to be involved in as I am not familiar with the county and therefore would probably not be able to give members in that area fair across the board representation as to event organising.
I am unsure as to who to contact to put my name forward??

Talk about filling a dead mans shoes .. must admit I thought it would take a little longer than this ...

And for your info .. I liked jills meets .. even though it was only food and pub meets ..

In fact .. we had one Thursday .. jolly good turn out actually ..
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1968 View Post
Talk about filling a dead mans shoes .. must admit I thought it would take a little longer than this ...

And for your info .. I liked jills meets .. even though it was only food and pub meets ..

In fact .. we had one Thursday .. jolly good turn out actually ..
I'm sure Jills meets were fine. However, I believe things need to be made on a wider scale, rather than centred on just one area of the region, and therefore making events more accessible to all.(I believe, rightly or wrongly that this may attract folk who may reserve just food and drink outings for their family and close friends).
I wasn't around when Jilly & gtv73 were maximising their efforts which I am sure were sterling efforts and efforts which we all know go relatively unrewarded but, involve one hell of alot of hard work.
Paul R has also offered to help us out and I have had PM's from Folk who would be valuable contributors.
Maybe that we don't actually need a rep at all? but could all look out for/arrange events in our own areas and form a co-operative.
I personally am very much into the technical/mechanical/tuning/showing/learning about my car/discussing ideas in a meet up at shows/ race events type of camp.
My wife and I went out to lunch yesterday, we didn't need other folk there.
As for the "filling dead mans shoes"....People come, People go and the success of any club depends largely on a continuous input and as soon as someone who may hold a key part to that success (albeit small) decides to throw in the towel due to other committments/interests, their place needs to be discussed and implemented to carry on that success that they created, and as we are just entering a very busy period in the poss. events calendar...... needs to be implemented relatively quickly.
I am also aware that "cliques" form in many clubs, and when you get cosy little "get togethers" in one particular area with the same folk every time attending due to it's location, it doesn't bring the club (and for the purpose of this, I'll call it a club, although it has no set members) to other sectors of the area nor satisfy the needs of members whose interests span wider than a parochial drink & meal.

AO Gold Member

Go for it pal ... if thats what you want ... but I can safely say that I wont be teavelling 1.5 hours or more to one of your meets any time soon ...

And just for the record ... if you wanted to talk technical .. I would have been more than happy to do so ...

Right I'm out of here now ... I'm not much for long drawn out posts on here ..
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
Can I just say that I for one enjoyed the meets of Jill and Kris and the fact it would be good to organise a meet soon in no way diminishes all of the hard work they have put into it.

So lets end this on a positive note by saying a massive THANK YOU to them both.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Well said, Paul.
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1968 View Post
Go for it pal ... if thats what you want ... but I can safely say that I wont be teavelling 1.5 hours or more to one of your meets any time soon ...
Well at least we agree on one thing! I wouldn't travel for 1.5 hours for one of the forum meets (whoever arranged it) either unless it was a major show.

As I wasn't around when Jilly or Kris were organising stuff except Peterborough pub meets, I'm sure at some stage that they did a sterling job and wish them well. I am sure that the Peterborough area will still flourish very well with the close friendships made in that area and carry on to thrive on those pub meets.

AO Silver Member

I'm leaving the area as rep for East Anglia as I am moving from south Norfolk to a beautiful part of Norwich. I will continue to post updates to do with the Gtv restoration and when the car is completed I will leave the forum completely as there is some characters on here that I do not want be associated with due to the nature of their comments.

Such a shame as it was a genuinely friendly/banter forum.

I will stay in touch with some really nice genuine people from here as they have been so helpful and supportive.

Regards

Sean

Drive it like you stole it...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page