What are your Alfa interests? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

crazycarb

What are your Alfa interests?

Ok, guys. Just out of curiosity, would you ALL who read this, please leave your comments as to your Alfa/Motor car interests?
ie..Motor sports events/mechanics chatting
Classic motor shows/Displaying your car.
Pub meets,
Breakfast meets,
Rolling road event/Performance evaluation
Technical meets, ie tuning advice etc. from professionals.
country drives with lunch,
Sea Front cruises etc.
Other...tell us!
I'd like to get the ball rolling as a back up for the regional reps, and your input would be gratefully appreciated in evaluating and getting some stuff up and running for the area, so I can then PM the Reps with some ideas and suggestions. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

crazycarb

Mmmmmmmm, ok, we'll put the 1st 47 viewers alfa interests as "reading".
OK, a book club it is.

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Motorsport for me
The Alfas are racing at Snetterton on the Weekend of 20/7/13.
So something should be organised for this.
The ARAC is always great to watch and in in past years at Snetterton we have had our own area for Alfa parking and one year we had a parade lap
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelread View Post
Motorsport for me
The Alfas are racing at Snetterton on the Weekend of 20/7/13.
So something should be organised for this.
The ARAC is always great to watch and in in past years at Snetterton we have had our own area for Alfa parking and one year we had a parade lap
BINGO !! Yes, def up my street!! Thats a YES from me! (REPS...Can we get this posted for RSVP's please)?? ta.
Nigel..Good call mate, cheers!

Now then guys c'mon, don't be shy...lets have some more?? or it's the book club for YOU!

crazycarb

So, It's Nigel and me off to Snetterton. Anyone else? for anything else?
We'll leave the rest of you who have "read" this so far to discuss Dostoyevskies "crime and punishment".
Would someone kindly switch the light out when the bar closes?

Unregistered

County: Suffolk

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I went last year and that was a good day, mistakenly on purposely drove my Busso through the paddock

Don't see why I shouldn't be there again. I'll probably try the Saturday this time around.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Pub meets ect. That A: Aren't 40 miles from me and B: When I'm not working! haha
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Having a nicer car than most other cars in class. It being gorgeous, putting a massive smile on my face every time I find a twisty road. It now is leaking gearbox oil after a clutch change and making weird hissing noises. I like checking these little 'character building' things
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
Staying out of the garage for repairs, Avoiding using mechanics who think they can work on an alfa but can't. Praying it doesn't get stolen by pikeys who nabbed my last Alfetta and scrapped it for £70. Washing and waxing for the satisfaction, praying it doesn't rain when my car is out. Most of all letting it rip on a nice drive. Occasional car shows can be fun,just to see how many sud's are still left, meeting other owners, counting how many cars look better or worse than mine. The odd track day is fun too.
Spacecadet

I'd like to see events where there is something to get out of it. Or lots of nice cars to look at.

Rolling Road Days,

Input from tuners, mechanics etc.

I'm not a fan of gatherings for breakfast, lunch etc. that's what my family is for! I think I'm just a hermit in denial!!!

AO Member

County: Norfolk
1. Goodwood (both events) 2. Autojumbles - now as rare as rocking horse droppings in this area. 3. Breakfast meet - if one ever takes place not too far away!. 4. Praying that my cambelt is still behaving itself/keys not collapsing soon/suspension still satisfies the MOT man. 5. Hoping the Ferrari will be blessed with free tax before I expire. 6. Getting time to work on my motor cycles. 7. Visit to interesting places, i.e. workshops/car collections/similar(can sometimes keep the female of the species happy too). 8. Club meet where the assembled company is not too "cliquie".....oh dear, bound to excite someone! 9. A bit more social activity within East Anglia, i.e. Xmas meal/pub meets/etc but not always in Peterborough area.........! Items not in order of priority.....
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrotsucker View Post
1. Goodwood (both events) 2. Autojumbles - now as rare as rocking horse droppings in this area. 3. Breakfast meet - if one ever takes place not too far away!. 4. Praying that my cambelt is still behaving itself/keys not collapsing soon/suspension still satisfies the MOT man. 5. Hoping the Ferrari will be blessed with free tax before I expire. 6. Getting time to work on my motor cycles. 7. Visit to interesting places, i.e. workshops/car collections/similar(can sometimes keep the female of the species happy too). 8. Club meet where the assembled company is not too "cliquie".....oh dear, bound to excite someone! 9. A bit more social activity within East Anglia, i.e. Xmas meal/pub meets/etc but not always in Peterborough area.........! Items not in order of priority.....
Great input! Some very valid and important points!
Do you ever get upto the Newark autojumble at all? best times the summer when you will be faced with the whole showground full. Kettlebotough in our neck of the woods is twice a year, but I would like to see more in the EA area.
I used to trade at Newark every month, and would get there Sat night and camp out just to get a decent pitch.
I hope this is being ingested by the area reps.

Last edited by crazycarb; 10-05-13 at 16:35.

crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
I'd like to see events where there is something to get out of it. Or lots of nice cars to look at.

Rolling Road Days,

Input from tuners, mechanics etc.

I'm not a fan of gatherings for breakfast, lunch etc. that's what my family is for! I think I'm just a hermit in denial!!!
I think most of the suggestions in this thread are do-able and could make the EA region a very interesting area to own an Alfa.

AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Motorsport and Club/Forum meets for me. However Spring Alfa day was very good.
+ I still enjoy just getting out and driving.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Meets other than Peterborough!
Spacecadet

But Peterborough is the centre if the East Anglian region. Much further East you enter 'there be dragons' country.

crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
But Peterborough is the centre if the East Anglian region. Much further East you enter 'there be dragons' country.
Whoa! I went to a wedding once in the Cambs fens.....both sets of family and friends sat on one side of the church.

Spacecadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
Whoa! I went to a wedding once in the Cambs fens.....both sets of family and friends sat on one side of the church.
You want to spend some time in Wisbech. Or Wisbeckistan are the locals now refer to it!

If you DON'T have 6 toes on each foot, and webbing, you're a social outcast!

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonnmeister View Post
Meets other than Peterborough!
Well said! Poor old Norfolk always in the backwater oi anything car related....yes. I know, we have Snetterton but that's at the Suffolk end. However, never understood why Sheringham had to host an event in the winter (former Christmas lunch) when more central - and parking friendly - easily accessible venues exist.
crazycarb

I think, that there is maybe room to split the EA region up and therefore giving the Reps a breathing space to concentrate on areas more local to them, which enables folk from various parts to have access to events near them.
Say you are in Lowestoft, Peterborough is a very long trek indeed, and likewise an event in Lowestoft may not suit a Cambs inhabitant.
You could effectively have Cambs, Suffolk and Norfolk as 3 seperate entities, but with open events which would be no different from me going to a UK Northwest event. Each area could have it's own REP, as nobody would expect a REP from Cambs to have any knowledge of poss events in say...Ipswich.
Just a thought.

AO Member

[QUOTE=crazycarb;5332475]I think, that there is maybe room to split the EA region up and therefore giving the Reps a breathing space to concentrate on areas more local to them, which enables folk from various parts to have access to events near them.
Say you are in Lowestoft, Peterborough is a very long trek indeed, and likewise an event in Lowestoft may not suit a Cambs inhabitant.
You could effectively have Cambs, Suffolk and Norfolk as 3 seperate entities, but with open events which would be no different from me going to a UK Northwest event. Each area could have it's own REP, as nobody would expect a REP from Cambs to have any knowledge of poss events in say...Ipswich.
Just a thought.[/QUOTE GOOD THOUGHTS! FORWARD PLEASE THOSE REPRESENTATIVES WHO WISHED TO FILL THE VACANCIES, AND PLEASE CAN WE HAVE VIEWS AND DETAILS OF WHICH AREAS YOU WILL COVER. I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR NORFOLK AND IF IT'S ANY HELP THE LATE LAMENTED 'ASSOCIATION OF NORFOLK CAR CLUBS' (WHICH DID STERLING CO-ORDINATION WORK IN THE PAST) APPEARS TO HAVE NOW BEEN RESURRECTED UNDER THE NAME 'ASSOCIATION OF NORFOLK CAR CLUBS' - SEE THE WEB - AND CATERS FOR AREA CLUBS WHICH WOULD EXTEND TO AO MEMBERS IF THERE WAS A REPRESENTATIVE.
AO Silver Member

After reading some of the previous comments, I personally think thats its rather harsh and rude to put such comments. I'm up for ideas and individual and meets but please don't knock such things as I have made an effort to go along the meets and haven't seen any of you there.

Rant over.

I like my Alfa because I make new friends and I belong to the GRRC and used to write for the Porsche club magazine when I had four very fast Porsche's. I have had many classic cars and been involved in too many things to do with classic cars and motor sport events. But most of all I love my Alfa.

Drive it like you stole it...
Spacecadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv73 View Post
After reading some of the previous comments, I personally think thats its rather harsh and rude to put such comments. I'm up for ideas and individual and meets but please don't knock such things as I have made an effort to go along the meets and haven't seen any of you there.

Rant over.
Which bits are harsh or rude?

I haven't seen anyone criticise social gatherings, for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner etc but they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

AO Silver Member

I ve made some very nice fellow Alfa Romeo owners/ friends from Peterborough neck of the woods and they are very unfortunately not part of the forum no more which I think is a great loss to the area. I'm not knocking anyones views opinions but I would rather they would keep it to themselves.

I agree, eastern part of Anglia needs perhaps to have more meets and I really welcome new ideas and approaches but please don't knock the lovely folk from the western part of Anglia as they; I think have made a real effort to make Anglia forum a friendly place to be and there is some really nice genuine people there with nice Alfa's.
Spacecadet

Oh, I have no doubt that their are lovely people here abouts. I think that the gist of the suggests has been more about filling the requests for other ideas aside from food/drink in a pub.
These get together can be very pleasant and yield sound friendships. They aren't, however, everyone's cup of tea.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
alfa , interests

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page