Ice cream meet... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 24-04-13 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Ice cream meet...

for those who fancy all that is ice cream ... we'd love to invite you here

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-...day-no-iv.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

crazycarb

Thats really nice of you guys to invite us to your gig. It's a bit too far for me. I'd like some action in our neck of the woods though. Eastern East Anglia region is a bit dead
If I lived in Derby area, I'd be there!

AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk

But you never go..... there is a Cromer to Hunstanton run in August and there is lovely monthly pub meet full of nice genuine company Peterborough way. If you have any ideas why don't you get in touch with me
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtv73 View Post

But you never go..... there is a Cromer to Hunstanton run in August and there is lovely monthly pub meet full of nice genuine company Peterborough way. If you have any ideas why don't you get in touch with me

Of course I don't go! Peterborough is 66 miles from Bury st Edmunds. Therefore a round trip of 132 miles on a weekday eve after work for a glass of Coke! Of course I don't go.I wouldn't even WALK to a pub with my mates to sit and drink coke/Lemonade.

I wasn't around last Aug, so have never been on the run, however that's only two events.
Not wishing to enter into any kind of mud slinging, I would like to make the point that maybe these events are very neatly placed for the "reps"?
Maybe the area is too large for the reps to cover and needs splitting up, as I did point out in my post that hardly anything appears to be organised on the South Eastern area of East Anglia which covers large towns like Ipswich etc.
I'm not sure what remit "area reps" have, it would be interesting to know.
I am keen, I am interested, as I am sure there would be many others, but sometimes things don't need to be so parochial.
I will of course get to grips with the Hospice show, and ask of those who drive many miles to go to a pub, to ensure you put this one firmly in your diaries, but again, that is just one meet.
I also do not expect something every week, but events organised in various areas would help other members in further a field parts of East Anglia.
P.S could you guide me to the thread advertising the Norfolk run please, so I can place in diary, ta.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
Of course I don't go! Peterborough is 66 miles from Bury st Edmunds. Therefore a round trip of 132 miles on a weekday eve after work for a glass of Coke! Of course I don't go.I wouldn't even WALK to a pub with my mates to sit and drink coke/Lemonade.

I wasn't around last Aug, so have never been on the run, however that's only two events.
Not wishing to enter into any kind of mud slinging, I would like to make the point that maybe these events are very neatly placed for the "reps"?
Maybe the area is too large for the reps to cover and needs splitting up, as I did point out in my post that hardly anything appears to be organised on the South Eastern area of East Anglia which covers large towns like Ipswich etc.
I'm not sure what remit "area reps" have, it would be interesting to know.
I am keen, I am interested, as I am sure there would be many others, but sometimes things don't need to be so parochial.
I will of course get to grips with the Hospice show, and ask of those who drive many miles to go to a pub, to ensure you put this one firmly in your diaries, but again, that is just one meet.
I also do not expect something every week, but events organised in various areas would help other members in further a field parts of East Anglia.
P.S could you guide me to the thread advertising the Norfolk run please, so I can place in diary, ta.
I live only a few miles away from Bury St Edmunds, it perhaps would be a good idea to meet up and discuss ideas for the summer and future meets.

Being a 'area rep' takes up time, cost and much more. I welcome the idea the Hospice meet and much more and welcome new ideas. I know that the eastern part of Anglia is pretty and lots can be done. So get in touch with me via pm and we'll pencil in some ideas

Sean

PS. Norfolk run is planned for the 4th August and a thread will go up shortly, with time and places.

Drive it like you stole it...
AO Silver Member

Must point out and my rant will be over lol, I travel to meets further afield and meet some really lovely people. Sometimes you have to put yourself out to go to some nice meets and meet like minded people.

The trip for me is a 130 mile round trip and to be honest I don't mind doing it as the company is really nice, I m not going to moan but a lot of people on here do travel some distance to have a nice time. I know of other reps that travel some time and distance and then perhaps only one or two people will only turn up, thats the joy of meets.

Rant over
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 26-04-13 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
Thats really nice of you guys to invite us to your gig. It's a bit too far for me. I'd like some action in our neck of the woods though. Eastern East Anglia region is a bit dead
If I lived in Derby area, I'd be there!
Was hoping any near the border etc might be able to join us

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
cream , ice , meet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page