Charity Classic Car event in East Anglia - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

Charity Classic Car event in East Anglia
Calendar: Event Calendar
jillyflower
AO Gold Member

01-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Have a look at this, seems to be becoming increasingly popular each year.

Can we get a posse of Alfa's up for this??

I'd like to think so

http://www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk/

Charity Classic Car event in East Anglia
Calendar: Event Calendar
jillyflower
AO Gold Member

01-09-13
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Have a look at this, seems to be becoming increasingly popular each year.

Can we get a posse of Alfa's up for this??

I'd like to think so

http://www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk/

bresources
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 29 Old 04-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Reserved
crazycarb

Also reserved a big YES. Huge event in aid of a great cause....Been to this show before as it's in "our town" and last year some 300+ cars attended the day.
I remember talking to a guy who had a 1930's Rolls Royce. He saw I was taking an extreme interest in the fuel delivery system and asked if I'd like to hear it running. Considering the car is 70 years old, the engine was quieter than most 21st century cars. Amazing!

AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
I'm coming too
Unregistered

County: Suffolk

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I was not happy in the slightest when I went last year
The morning of the event I got up early and spent 5 hours pampering the GTA and when I arrived they hadn't got my reserve on record and with complete dismay I was ferry'd across the dust reminance of the barley field to park with those who were visiting the event. I was cringing the whole way across as being a sports car she's not meant for such off roading, needless to say I crept across the field in fear of bottoming out. By the time I got to the parking area my beautiful highly polished car was covered in crap. I complaind to the owner of the farm and he didn't give a ****, toffey nosed **** with all his upper class twit friends standing around talking utter pedantic rubbish. Sorry for that part but he and his friends seemed to find my complaint amusing If you're familiar with the Harry Enfield show of the 90's, you'll remember 'Tim nice but dim', and these folks reminded me of this character.

A very worthy cause this event, but the bad experience is one that won't be repeated for me, I just walked around all those gleaming cars on show which just rubbed salt into the wound that mine was sitting in some dusty field. Grrrrrrrr.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves though it's a great cause

Last edited by MaccaSLR; 05-02-13 at 08:30.
(Post Link) post #6 of 29 Old 07-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaSLR View Post
I was not happy in the slightest when I went last year
The morning of the event I got up early and spent 5 hours pampering the GTA and when I arrived they hadn't got my reserve on record and with complete dismay I was ferry'd across the dust reminance of the barley field to park with those who were visiting the event. I was cringing the whole way across as being a sports car she's not meant for such off roading, needless to say I crept across the field in fear of bottoming out. By the time I got to the parking area my beautiful highly polished car was covered in crap. I complaind to the owner of the farm and he didn't give a ****, toffey nosed **** with all his upper class twit friends standing around talking utter pedantic rubbish. Sorry for that part but he and his friends seemed to find my complaint amusing If you're familiar with the Harry Enfield show of the 90's, you'll remember 'Tim nice but dim', and these folks reminded me of this character.

A very worthy cause this event, but the bad experience is one that won't be repeated for me, I just walked around all those gleaming cars on show which just rubbed salt into the wound that mine was sitting in some dusty field. Grrrrrrrr.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves though it's a great cause
Awe that's a real shame hun .... but not unexpected Sadly.
Do you have any contacts/ names/ emails etc for this event and I'll et in touch to see if we can sort somehting out and be greeted with the style us Alfaowners are accustomed to

Have to say tho' that every national Alfa meet I've been to has been in a very 'posh' field with the remains of sheep doo-doo in it

Mind it doesn't stop me enjoying it !
AO Member

County: Essex
having a stall

what were you thinking showing and having a stand or just driving up there , and looking around.
crazycarb

I'm going to book my spider in to join the show. It would be great if we could get a contingency from the E Anglian region. I'd even be happy, as I live in Bury st Edmunds to co-ordinate and talk to the organisers.

(Post Link) post #9 of 29 Old 08-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
I'm going to book my spider in to join the show. It would be great if we could get a contingency from the E Anglian region. I'd even be happy, as I live in Bury st Edmunds to co-ordinate and talk to the organisers.
Go for it then......then let me know asap and I'll put up-or you can start the thread and I'll make it sticky- whichever way you want to go?
crazycarb

Ok then. I'll get talk to them to get an E Anglian Alfa spot. I'll Liase with you as to how things are panning out. I'll also ensure that anybody showing on the East Anglian Alfa spot does not get re-directed to the corn fields like Macca was.

Unregistered

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Hello Jillyflower,

There were some alfa's there on show and my particular favourite was the mint condition yellow alfa sud ti owned by a guy called Mike.

I had originally booked a stand through the event organisers for up to 30 cars as it was a special year for us GTA owners (10 year anniversary) This was also open to other alfas but numbers dwindled with people not being able to make the day. I chose to book myself in anyway but somehow they didn't register my booking

Anyway I don't have their details anymore but you can obtain them from the eastanglian AROC administrator (Husband and Wife team based in Norfolk) They had organised an alfa meet there the previous year, try giving them a shout ok.

If you do book a stand and many wish to attend I might be persuaded to give it another go, after all it is for a good cause and one I think should be supported.
(Post Link) post #12 of 29 Old 08-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Hello Jillyflower,

There were some alfa's there on show and my particular favourite was the mint condition yellow alfa sud ti owned by a guy called Mike.

I had originally booked a stand through the event organisers for up to 30 cars as it was a special year for us GTA owners (10 year anniversary) This was also open to other alfas but numbers dwindled with people not being able to make the day. I chose to book myself in anyway but somehow they didn't register my booking

Anyway I don't have their details anymore but you can obtain them from the eastanglian AROC administrator (Husband and Wife team based in Norfolk) They had organised an alfa meet there the previous year, try giving them a shout ok.

If you do book a stand and many wish to attend I might be persuaded to give it another go, after all it is for a good cause and one I think should be supported.

Hi Hun,

I know you were trying hard to drum up custom last year...

Lets see what can be sorted this year eh?? Bit like being a Rep....most of the time it's s***e and sometimes...just sometimes...it's truly rewarding

Keep the faith?? Alfisiti
Unregistered

Member car:

156 GTA SW

You are a card I like your positivity especially on me birthday
crazycarb

I would be happy if we could muster up 1/2 a dozen cars to represent the area. I can probably get a banner made as well.(for nothing).
I have organised many things before and fully take on board that the numbers that say yes ALWAYS dwindle as it gets nearer to the "nitty gritty". So if we can attract 15 cars, I can rest assured that we will get at least 6.

(Post Link) post #15 of 29 Old 09-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
I would be happy if we could muster up 1/2 a dozen cars to represent the area. I can probably get a banner made as well.(for nothing).
I have organised many things before and fully take on board that the numbers that say yes ALWAYS dwindle as it gets nearer to the "nitty gritty". So if we can attract 15 cars, I can rest assured that we will get at least 6.
If you can get a banner made for nowt then the region would like two, if not three please Tess over in Wales had one made so she could put it up at meets and advertise to budding newbies to the Alfa brand and her region. Please tell me more about these FREE banners??
crazycarb

Don't push your luck. A mate of mine is in "the trade" and he ows me a favour. I can do this for the E Anglian region...The others will have to carry on looking.
ie...something like "Alfa owner.com E Anglian region".....Ok?

(Post Link) post #17 of 29 Old 10-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Don't push your luck. A mate of mine is in "the trade" and he ows me a favour. I can do this for the E Anglian region...The others will have to carry on looking.
ie...something like "Alfa owner.com E Anglian region".....Ok?
If ya don't push your luck chuck now't would get done

I was only after one for our region anyway. CAn you please let me speak to the 'powers that be' first before going ahead as we need to be careful with copyright n stuff.

However the offer is VERY welcome
Unregistered

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Just an idea, but why not get AROC EA to organise this and they'll provide the necessary banners etc. With their clout we could see quite a turn out of alfisti
crazycarb

Quote:
Just an idea, but why not get AROC EA to organise this and they'll provide the necessary banners etc. With their clout we could see quite a turn out of alfisti
Don't you have to be a member of the AROC if they take control, to join their stand? I'm not a real member of anything....I may need to go as an "independant" as the EA fried bread meister has taken a dislike to me because I don't fit in with the "getalong gang".

Unregistered

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Quote:
Don't you have to be a member of the AROC if they take control, to join their stand? I'm not a real member of anything....I may need to go as an "independant" as the EA fried bread meister has taken a dislike to me because I don't fit in with the "getalong gang".
I haven't been a member for nearly a couple of years now but still turned up to one last year and was asked to park in the AROC stand. Thing is I've been to many alfa/italian car events over the years and most of the time as a non member, we drive alfa's and AROC are pretty good and lets not forget this is more about the Charity than an organised alfa day. Also, even if you do enter privately no one is going to stop you parking next to other alfa's If I do go you can park next to me ok
crazycarb

Quote:
I haven't been a member for nearly a couple of years now but still turned up to one last year and was asked to park in the AROC stand. Thing is I've been to many alfa/italian car events over the years and most of the time as a non member, we drive alfa's and AROC are pretty good and lets not forget this is more about the Charity than an organised alfa day. Also, even if you do enter privately no one is going to stop you parking next to other alfa's If I do go you can park next to me ok
Well that sounds like a good plan can come together Macca, look forward to meeting you. I know many of the MGB guys, but Alfas are new to me.(last one was a 1983 veloce sprint company car).
Also going upto Gawsworth hall in Cheshire to the Alfa day. Are you going to that?

Unregistered

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Not sure CrazyC, when is it?

A 1983 Sprint hey, I was a mere eight yearold then My mates and I were huge fans of these the Suds, GTV V6's and the 33 back in the early 90's, as well as a few Lancia's. We'd drive to many a cruise raising the flag of alfa and Lancia
crazycarb

Gawsworth is the spring Alfa day on the 21st Apr.
The Veloce I had was a an old "y" reg before the prefix letters came in. Fantastic car and I thought at the time quite quick.
One morning it got rear ended by a van driver fiddling with his heater controls. The car was repaired, but never seemd the same. The company sold it and gave me a Merc 300D instead, A lovely comfortable car, but I missed the Alfa. When the company sold it, it had 86,000 miles on the clock. One afternoon aprox 6 months later, I saw the beloved Alfa on a garage forecourt for sale. I went to look at it as it still looked great.....It had been clocked down to 40,000 !!!! I walked away and shook my head and made a note to self....Don't buy a car from that guy.

(Post Link) post #24 of 29 Old 12-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Quote:
I'll ask KrisE to see what/if anything AROC are doing for this event, he's a member and I'm not.

The National meet in Cheshire should be a good weekend, there's a gang of us usually stay overnight on the Saturday and convoy from the hotel on the Sunday morning

Let me know if anyone is interested in this 'option' as we can block book rooms.
crazycarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyflower View Post
I'll ask KrisE to see what/if anything AROC are doing for this event, he's a member and I'm not.

The National meet in Cheshire should be a good weekend, there's a gang of us usually stay overnight on the Saturday and convoy from the hotel on the Sunday morning

Let me know if anyone is interested in this 'option' as we can block book rooms.
I have family in Cheshire, (and I have some bits for Bro's Morgan to take)so no doubt, we'll set off early Sat and then drift down to Gawsworth on Sun.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
anglia , car , charity , classic , east , event

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page