Diagnostic Help, Cambs/Northants. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 08-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Cry Like A Baby Diagnostic Help, Cambs/Northants.

Hello all.. Been a long time lurker on here and I have finally bought from a mate a lurrrvly 156 sportwagon.. So I've signed up ready for furious posting

Typical....! Yesterday the airbag and ABS lights have come on and now fail to extinguish.

I reckon the KKL cable and FiatECUScan will narrow down my search for the offending connector etc.. And even reset the light if I can find it.

I need a reassuring hug to tell me everything is OK and I don't need to scrap the car Ive had my eye on for over a year..!!

Anyone in Cambridgeshire (around Huntingdon) or Northamptonshire (around Thrapston) that can help me out for 30 mins with their lead and software..??

Beverages will be supplied with much appreciation for you help.!!

Speak soon hopefully. James.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Hi James and welcome to AO

I do know a couple of people with leads, etc but one's in ELy (work) and the other's in Ipswich. I'll ask a mate on here and get back to you.

JF
AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
Evening James,

Chillout mate. Don't scrap the car.

As Jillyflower says one works in Ely, me and the other is in Ely. I have the cable and software.

To do the airbag light you are looking at a good hour or so to properly reset the airbag light , if that doenst work we might have to locate the airbag ecu to reset.

And the abs light could be down to a sensor that needs replacing or a loose cable, or just needs reseting.

Its best that you do it at my house where I have the laptop and tools to help you out, I'm approx an hour from Huntingdon.

Sean

Drive it like you stole it...
AO Silver Member

#other in Ipswich
AO Member

Sorry to hijack your post but you just reminded me i owe Sean some beers. Will drop them round the weekend mate if your about .
AO Silver Member

I'm about sat evening mate cheers.
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 16-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Thankyou very much chaps/chapettes for you help..

The warning light woes are going to take a back seat for a while as the car is now being picked up by Autolusso for a cambelt failure rebuild tmrw..

It popped on Monday driving home from work.. Ouch..

If I am really lucky the lights will have gone away by the time I get it back. I doubt it but hey, lets keep those fingers crossed.!

If not, I'll be taking one of the offers up.. I'm not sure when as my wife is about to give birth any day now so time will be in short supply.

Never rains but pours eh?! (not that the baba is a bad thing, but you know what I mean. )
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medlow View Post

The warning light woes are going to take a back seat for a while as the car is now being picked up by Autolusso for a cambelt failure rebuild tmrw..

If I am really lucky the lights will have gone away by the time I get it back. I doubt it but hey, lets keep those fingers crossed.!

If not, I'll be taking one of the offers up.. I'm not sure when as my wife is about to give birth any day now so time will be in short supply.

Never rains but pours eh?! (not that the baba is a bad thing, but you know what I mean. )
Congrats about baby hope the baby sleeps through the night for you
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by medlow View Post

Hey I know time will be precious but do let us know when babe arrives eh? We can meet to wet said babes head

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
cambs or northants , diagnostic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page