Wanted - decent 156 with service history - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 19-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

Alfa

Wanted - decent 156 with service history

Hello All,
I am looking to buy a 156 - only criteria is petrol / good service history / preferably not green or silver...
I don't have a fortune to spend but surely there is more hope of finding something cared for on here than the uncared for examples I have seen so far?
Please let me know if anyone has anything to offer...!
Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Norfolk
As nobody has replied to you - shame - maybe you got suited, but if not all I can say is, do what I did.
Pick one on Ebay near you, and if it's decent and very cheap buy it, then use what you have saved to get a reliable non-rip-off person/garage to go through it and do any jobs needed using the money you saved. Bear in mind the trade runs on a high mark up for such cars to allow for the likelihood of it needing guarantee work to get it past the six months warranty they have to give you. Don't forget to get a prior insurance quote........!
AO Gold Member

County: Peterborough, Cambs
Would it also be worth taking one of those warranty things out carrotsucker....or are they summat not worth the paper they're written on??
AO Silver Member

The car has to be less than ten years old and covered less than a 100,000 miles to get warranty. Or look in the local ad's at Eastbourne, Whitby where lots of older people have cared for their cars etc etc
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2

Damn wish I had seen this earlier, there was a near mint silver 156 for sale at my work, only 750 pounds, I doubt its still around sorry
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrotsucker View Post
As nobody has replied to you - shame - maybe you got suited, but if not all I can say is, do what I did.
Pick one on Ebay near you, and if it's decent and very cheap buy it, then use what you have saved to get a reliable non-rip-off person/garage to go through it and do any jobs needed using the money you saved. Bear in mind the trade runs on a high mark up for such cars to allow for the likelihood of it needing guarantee work to get it past the six months warranty they have to give you. Don't forget to get a prior insurance quote........!
I used to offer the same service for front engined Porsche's. I would help people out that were looking for these type of cars, they would eventually find one themselves. I waste of time looking for someone. Unless they called you to look at one with them, then you could give them advice there and then

My advice is that anyone looking for a car is to go and look at one and then to contact someone with experience who knows what to look for. Anything from £100 to at least £3000 when spending money on a car to allow at least £500+ to be spent on any unexpected costs.

'What you pay is what you get' as the saying goes.

I'll be more than happy to put up a new thread on here offering advice when purchasing an Alfa in the Anglia region with my contact details so that you can get hold of me when going to look at an Alfa.

Drive it like you stole it...
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

hi if you are still looking i have a 51 plate 156 in blue ,it has an mot but no tax ,it has some history including having had a new engine .it has had anew cambelt but has not been used since i got my 147 ( about a year now ) ,i try to keep it running every couple of weeks. not very good with computers so am struggling a bit with photos

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
156 , decent , history , service , wanted

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page