Bonnet Catch Recall / Desira Bury - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 12-12-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk
Bonnet Catch Recall / Desira Bury

I finally gave in the Bonnet catch recall letters today. I took it to Desira in Bury, where they squirted some WD40 on it. (Glad they did it, as that's a job I could have never attempted!) They didn't even clean the bloody catch! Instead They then took the oppotunity to make a list of minor defects.
When I got back to the Garage the guy sat me down and started reading a list, which included 'aftermarket air filter fitted' (I fitted), Air mass meter not connected (It was, car wouldn't bloody run otherwise) , SLIGHT leak from gear box, pointless trim missing from under skirts, no undertray (took that off last week, before it fell off) and Broken exhaust bracket . My reply - well it's a 12 year old Alfa with 130K, what do you expect? I had to ask if they'd actually looked at the bonnet catch! The cars probably worth half of what they would charge me put those right! Nice try Desira, thanks for cleaning the car though. But can't help thinking that someoene was a bit bored there today!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibble View Post
I finally gave in the Bonnet catch recall letters today. I took it to Desira in Bury, where they squirted some WD40 on it. (Glad they did it, as that's a job I could have never attempted!) They didn't even clean the bloody catch! Instead They then took the oppotunity to make a list of minor defects.
When I got back to the Garage the guy sat me down and started reading a list, which included 'aftermarket air filter fitted' (I fitted), Air mass meter not connected (It was, car wouldn't bloody run otherwise) , SLIGHT leak from gear box, pointless trim missing from under skirts, no undertray (took that off last week, before it fell off) and Broken exhaust bracket . My reply - well it's a 12 year old Alfa with 130K, what do you expect? I had to ask if they'd actually looked at the bonnet catch! The cars probably worth half of what they would charge me put those right! Nice try Desira, thanks for cleaning the car though. But can't help thinking that someoene was a bit bored there today!
The parts people know me by my first name ha ha, and everytime they see me they say 'What have you broken this time'
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDm

A squirt of WD40 and not even giving the catch a clean first!. I might use them for spares, but i wouldn't trust them to service my toaster!
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6

they done exactly the same to me but i told them some faults they missed, this was the Norwich branch.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 14-12-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah my MOT last week had an advisory on my rear pads, Desira gave them a green (good condition).
AO Member

Member car:

GTV V6

my arb was completely screwed could pull it from side to side (was booked in to alfa shop for the week after) desira didnt notice it, yet they wanted to change the front badge
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Essex
LMAO
Global Mod Team

We've had the 147 for 10 years now. Yesterday we got the bonnet catch recall letter again (3rd one in 9 years).

Ignored it - been lubing the affected part (ooh-er matron) off and on over the years. Letter had other useful info though - did you know that if the catch is not fully secured the bonnet isn't closed properly?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
bonnet , bury , catch , desira , recall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page