I find it hard to believe............ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 04-09-11 Thread Starter
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
I find it hard to believe............

....... that there is so little interest in holding events in our area.

Come on everyone - as a member (forget the red name tag) of this site I feel frustrated that any suggestion of a meet seems to be ignored despite Phil's best efforts.

Lets have some ideas and actually DO SOMETHING.

Post here with your suggestions.

Last edited by PaulR; 04-09-11 at 16:00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
It's prob a combination of hard times and holiday season so nobody really wants to commit to anything.

Yorkshire regions dead too, I'd take it on myself but flogging a dead horse is not my idea of a fun time
(Post Link) post #3 of 15 Old 05-09-11 Thread Starter
Global Mod Team

Fair enough and, rereading my post it does look like a bit of a moan - it wasn't meant to be - honest.

It would just be good to have a meet!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Northamptonshire
I think GD makes a good point........hope to get over to EA when the motor racing season ends.....
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Is this because of the large area covered, and the very high cost of motoring combined with what is supposed to be a 'credit crunch'. Maybe some meets/attending events in areas where there is a concentration of members would start the ball rolling.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

There was a meet in Peterborough recently and I think there is a meet coming up in Wisbech in October, they are up in the Lincolnshire forum bit, though not sure why
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Nobody tells me nuffin!

I will be organising a Karting meet in Peterborough soon.
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Brera 2.4 JTDM

Just visiting the area (Framlingham) from the NW, seen quite a few Alfas but not a wave in sight, maybe a bit more agressive advertising is the order of the day.
AO Member

Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM3Doug View Post
Just visiting the area (Framlingham) from the NW, seen quite a few Alfas but not a wave in sight, maybe a bit more agressive advertising is the order of the day.
If you drive in or around Norwich or North Norfolk (Cromer/Sheringham/Holt area) you will see a very large number of Alfa Romeos, but you are unlikely to see any waves. Looks like the owners regard their cars as just one they happened to buy just as they might have bought any other make. Nowadays if you wave to a stranger they probably wonder why!
If no meets for local owners, they aren't going to be able to recognise who might like a wave..............
AO Member

I love my Alfa - don't get me wrong. But for the weekends I tend to air the Aprilia and give the Alfa a break

Happy to meet up though.
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDLocK View Post
There was a meet in Peterborough recently and I think there is a meet coming up in Wisbech in October, they are up in the Lincolnshire forum bit, though not sure why
For those not familiar with the Peterborough Meets a little explanation follows.

The Meets in Peterborough are organized by Jillyflower and as she often attends our Meets in the Lincs Region she thought little get togethers for the Peterborough area were best put there.

The Wisbech one was sorted out by me, admittedly it's stretching the Lincs area a tad but sort of fits in with my policy of moving Meets around the County to try and ensure that everyone has at least one Meet near to them during the season.

It's tough at the moment for all the Reps, attendance is dropping off. For instance we have a great Meet organized for the Battle of Britain Day at East Kirkby, full day out from Brekkers to Evening drinks with discounted entry with cars actually getting on site, at the close of proceedings you get you car under the Lancaster for a photo shoot, where else can you do that ? Worth a bit of a drive out I feel. In the past we have had 20 plus Cars coming, with just over a week to go we have just five, more Rep 'umble pie to eat unless things pick up.

Similar scenario for our BLS Meet in Oct, last time we had almost 30 cars, this year currently 6. I'm , free Diag, your car up on the Lift for inspection and a lot of advice from Tom and Phil.

Perhaps a bit more " cross pollination " is required, especially for the more " special " Meets.

It's a bit discouraging and I feel for Phil. Like GD said, flogging dead horses isn't a lot of fun. C'mon folk, support your Reps or risk losing them.

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! - TBA

email: [email protected]

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Last edited by Nige005; 09-09-11 at 13:46.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
For those not familiar with the Peterborough Meets a little explanation follows.

The Meets in Peterborough are organized by Jillyflower and as she often attends our Meets in the Lincs Region she thought little get togethers for the Peterborough area were best put there.

The Wisbech one was sorted out by me, admittedly it's stretching the Lincs area a tad but sort of fits in with my policy of moving Meets around the County to try and ensure that everyone has at least one Meet near to them during the season.
I think it would prolly be good with this kind of thing to at least have them showing in both parts of the Forum, I mean I wouldnt have had a clue about the Peterborough meet without a message from Jilly and I also wouldnt have thought to look in the Lincolnshire section for other meets in East Anglia if that hadn't happened.

Attendance might be much better if we knew where to look, so maybe put a link up to the Wisbech meet here too
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDLocK View Post
I
Attendance might be much better if we knew where to look, so maybe put a link up to the Wisbech meet here too

This is a problem, how to promote inter Region Events and how to encourage folk to look for things not happening in their immediate area ? It has been discussed before and no real solutions have come up, you can't promote every Event everywhere, the site would soon become a nightmarish clutter.

Only thing that I can offer is for people to visit their neighbouring Regions Lounges, e.g. Lincs, EM & EA for instance.

Anyway, your wish is my command, here's a Link for the Wisbech Meet, there is already one in the EM Lounge.

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/linco...and-alfas.html

Here is a link to Jills next Peterborough Get Together, if Phil thinks that it is a good idea to give these separate Threads in the EA Lounge he will no doubt do so, I have no wish to tread on his toes by using his Lounge to promote Lincs Events.

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/linco...uting-2-a.html

I'll just add that Phil has my full support and any help he may want.

Last edited by Nige005; 09-09-11 at 13:42.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Alfa GT JTD

Cheers Nige, I'll add them to the front page.

As in the past, if you have an event that you feel should also be posted in EA, just drop me a PM
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipharvey View Post
Cheers Nige, I'll add them to the front page.

As in the past, if you have an event that you feel should also be posted in EA, just drop me a PM
Hi Phil, glad to see you here just now, I was getting a bit concerned that I was making a " take over " bid !

If you want to put them on your page, sticky them or whatever then I'll leave that to you.

You might like to take a glance at the EK and BLS Events to see if there is anything there that you think the EA mob would be interested in. As you say though EA is a big Region and someone in Chelmsford 'aint likely to want to come up to Lincoln !

Cheers, Phil, you know where to find me if you want anything.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
find , hard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page