Norwich And Yarmouth Meet Update - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 08-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Norwich And Yarmouth Meet Update

Things have gone quite on this one but over 1000 people keep looking so there must be some interest.

Because of this, I have spoken to Filby bridge restaurant and they are happy for us to attend in June but they canít serve alcohol, but there is a pub 400 yards round the corner with large parking capabilities but no views. (Short walk to the broads and views.

Thoughts please.

We can park on Yarmouth sea front in a private car park from mid afternoon onwards. Itís next to the Carlton Hotel and holds up to 40 cars and will cost approx £2 per car which will go to charity.

The car park is only available on the 14th or 28th of June.

So this is where we are at the moment.
On the 14th or 28th of June. Meet in Norwich. Cruise through Norwich to the village of Filby. Lunch on or near the broads. Cruise to Yarmouth. Late afternoon/evening in Yarmouth.

I did not plan on organising this get together but no one seems to have stepped up to the challenge.
I think it would be a great opportunity to meet Alfa owners in East Anglia, bring the family and have time in Yarmouth on the rides. (Cant guarantee the weather).

I need feedback ASAP to book car park.
Whoís up for it and which date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Mito qv

Re: Norwich And Yarmouth Meet Update

sounds good to me
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbyman View Post
Things have gone quite on this one but over 1000 people keep looking so there must be some interest.

Because of this, I have spoken to Filby bridge restaurant and they are happy for us to attend in June but they canít serve alcohol, but there is a pub 400 yards round the corner with large parking capabilities but no views. (Short walk to the broads and views.

Thoughts please.

We can park on Yarmouth sea front in a private car park from mid afternoon onwards. Itís next to the Carlton Hotel and holds up to 40 cars and will cost approx £2 per car which will go to charity.

The car park is only available on the 14th or 28th of June.

So this is where we are at the moment.
On the 14th or 28th of June. Meet in Norwich. Cruise through Norwich to the village of Filby. Lunch on or near the broads. Cruise to Yarmouth. Late afternoon/evening in Yarmouth.

I did not plan on organising this get together but no one seems to have stepped up to the challenge.
I think it would be a great opportunity to meet Alfa owners in East Anglia, bring the family and have time in Yarmouth on the rides. (Cant guarantee the weather).

I need feedback ASAP to book car park.
Whoís up for it and which date?
Just a thought but I think it is a bit too ambitious. Most meets get people from Suffolk and Cambridgeshire as well as Norfolk - so meeting in Norwich, going to Filby then on to Gt Yarmouth is probably a bit much for most people as finishing early evening can mean up to a 2 hour drive home.

I would suggest - simply - meet up in Yarmouth at about midday- have lunch and then go for a drive - we can stop on the Broads - then disperse.

I'd be up for it on 28 June. If anyone else is then we need a local to recommend an eating place with a car park in Yarmouth - Anybody?
AO Member

I would suggest the other way round Paul. It might be better to sit/meet in the peace and tranquility of the broads for lunch ( the Eels Foot at Ormsby or somewhere similar) and then drive into Yarmouth in the afternoon for a cruise down the sea front etc then home? But it's just another idea to kick around, I'm easy really, as the actress said to....
(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 10-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Just back, had a great day in sunny Norfolk riding around the coast in the spider with the top down. Waved to a dark blue Brera but no response. Never mind.

Great to see some comments, Eels foot Ormsby is OK, could meet lunch time, then to Yarmouth for sea front cruise and park up or run along coast road and away. 28th is a good date.

What do you think, comments, or other ideas please?
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Essex

Right guys , I cant make either date but I am more than happy to put this up as an 'event' if you'd like ?
Global Mod Team

Hi Katy,

Yeah - please post it up - I think richyfox and Filbyman have it nailed - Eels Foot to meet and drive after. 28 June seems to be the date. I suggest meeting at 12.00.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Is everyone happy with Pauls post above ???
AO Member

Looks OK to me.
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 12-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Looks good, lets go for it.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

I have done a thread , i guessed the plan was to meet at Eels foot (I guess this is a pub) , if any of this is wrong let me know a.s.a.p and I will change it .

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-...ne-2009-a.html
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Mazda 6 zugara

Sounds good
AO Member

June 28th 2009 a good date as no other motoring events scheduled so far in this area. Yarmouth shops ought to be open taking advantage of summer opening hours for holiday areas.
However, Eels Foot 'pub and Filby Bridge Restaurant likely to be very busy as on a major tourist route. Anyone considered a nearby village 'pub serving food and which is off the main road - plently in the area.
(Note justified remark about distance from Essex but Xmas meal at Sheringham was even more isolated and less easily accessible, and might have been even more popular just South of Norwich) O.K. someone tell me off for that..................

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
meet , norwich , update , yarmouth

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page