Oakmere Car Show - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
East Anglia All events and potential meets in East Anglia

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 19-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk
Oakmere Car Show

Our valiant secretary Adrian organised an East Anglia section meet up at the Oakmere Car show just outside Eye on the 18 September, a reasonably good turn out with three classics and a variety of later models from the club.
A great pity this was not more widely publicised, there were probably about 150 cars in total, it was in aid of the Air Ambulance and Blood Runners but there was masses of space for other vehicles. Still there were plenty of interesting cars to look at, the weather was reasonable but it didn't rain so it was a pleasant day.
No charge for entry but donations were welcome, I personally think that if the section organises a meet up then it would be a good idea for the AR organiser in future events of this nature when there is no entrance fee to collect donations from the AR entrants and present the total to the charities concerned, they are always worthwhile and this will create goodwill for the club.
Do others agree with this suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Oakmere Car Show

Down the road from me but never heard about it. . I only find out about them when someone says how good the event was after.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 21-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Are you a member of the Alfa Romeo Club East Anglia Section?
If not perhaps you should consider joining as this event was notified as far as I know to all members, this applies to all the other events which are planned for the area.
AO Member

County: -
As far as I know I am. I've never had any emails from the east anglia section tho. Just the main ones from the A.R. owners club which just seem to be the larger events. Even the aroc east anglia page hasn't been updated since Jan 2015.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 22-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

You are quite right about the web page but understand this is now in hand to rectify.
If you are interested in this section may I suggest you contact: [email protected]
He is very keen to attract new members so would be pleased to hear from you as well as any others who are interested.
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Wrong email address detailed in above posting, this is corrected as follows.
If you are a member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club and are based in East Anglia, I suggest you contact: [email protected]
This is a useful forum supplying info on forthcoming events, I hope you find it useful.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 16-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Oakmere Classic and Sports Car Show

Have managed to obtain details for the above event taking place on the 17 September 2017 at:

The Oaksmere,
Rectory Road,
Brome,
Nr Eye,
IP23 8AJ

Admission is 3.00 and is supporting Blood Runners/Guide Dogs for the Blind.

It is understood that there will be an Alfa Romeo stand but it is not yet known who will be co-ordinating. Last year we had a good turn out and it is hoped that this will be reciprocated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > East Anglia

Tags
car , oakmere , show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page