Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cool Wall This lounge has been dedicated to Mark Cullen who tragically passed away on 07-04-08. The Cool Wall was Marks idea so it's only right it has his name attached.

View Poll Results: Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Sub Zero 83 37.73%
Cool 64 29.09%
Uncool 41 18.64%
Seriously Uncool 32 14.55%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

AO Member

County: South Lanarkshire
Re: Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Cool.... not to sure on the colours though... think it might look better if all one colour ( not white i silver or red i silver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HSTDriver

It's cool, but far too geeky to be sub zero. The sort of bloke who'd own one would spend an entire meal telling his new date about the specs and stats of the car.

AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
It's cool, but far too geeky to be sub zero. The sort of bloke who'd own one would spend an entire meal telling his new date about the specs and stats of the car.
Not necessarily a bad thing though is it? I know quite a few girls that would be interested......why didnt i marry one of those?
AO Platinum Member

No.. that's the Jap fans who bought a Nissan Skyline, or Porsche/BMW owners - who need to try hard to convince everyone else that they bought the car for a logical reason, not just because of the badge (though it's an expensive badge.. just to say "I am a w***er" )

The Veyron has tooo much of everything to be "braggable". It's like saying 1,000,000 peopel died in an earthquake.. it's just too big a number to understand and so becomes a statsitic.

Put the dinner date in the passenger seat and then *breathe* on the gas pedal.... Yoooooooooooiiinnnnks! Warp factor 9 Mr Scott..!!

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
HSTDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
No.. that's the Jap fans who bought a Nissan Skyline, or Porsche/BMW owners - who need to try hard to convince everyone else that they bought the car for a logical reason, not just because of the badge (though it's an expensive badge.. just to say "I am a w***er" )

The Veyron has tooo much of everything to be "braggable". It's like saying 1,000,000 peopel died in an earthquake.. it's just too big a number to understand and so becomes a statsitic.

Put the dinner date in the passenger seat and then *breathe* on the gas pedal.... Yoooooooooooiiinnnnks! Warp factor 9 Mr Scott..!!

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ralf S.
Actually, I'd argue that the Veyron is the biggest w***er's car of them all. It's utterly pointless, unless you're using it as a hugely expensive boasting tool.

It's the car equivalent of a Macbook-air

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Most cars are pointless, if I extrapolate from what you are saying. Yet, we can't help admire them and sometime buy them.

The Veyron is a much more purposeful car than a Reventon for example, for a similar price, as the latter is really just a rebodied Murcielago.

Inevitably, all car companies have R&D budget. VW decided to use some of their R&D budget to make a car that pushes all the limits. Whether it'll pay off in the long term is anyone's guess, but it is no different than putting a whole load of money into less tangible (eg. no final production car) R&D.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.

1934 - 1938 - 1982 - 2006
AO Member

County: Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I think I know why. It's not flawed. It's too perfect for it's own good. Almost aseptic.

Created with the mind, not with the heart.

But, it's definetly cool.
Yes & no. The concept is completely irrational and against any notion of good packaging/design. Incidentally that's why I reckon it's cool - they could have done the same thing a lot easier but they just said "no, shutup, we are making this ridiculous car with 1000hp, I don't want to hear why it can't be done, just do it".

But the execution is cold, flawless, German, military grade precision.
Global Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolo
On what basis?

Because the exhaust noise is not overly loud? Because the looks of the car are tame(ish)?

As far as I read, the Veyron has been blood and tears for the VW engineers, with huge political overtones which seemingly forced a change in CEO and Porsche being able to move on and take over VW.

I think the Veyron (which apparently loses EUR 2m per sale!) is proof that even Zee Tchermans have a heart.
AO Member

Member car:

146ti

I don't like it but I can respect what it does mind u it's a lot of cash for a car that has VW passat headlights.....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Or maybe its a gloriously lunatic expression of bonkers grade dedication to excellence and application of spirit to produce a car that is almost infeasible to comprehend to our small minds.

Check out the impression it left on Autocars Chris Harris, who previously was a bit cold on the Veyron, until he drove it - after which he was basically incoherent due to the uniqueness of what he had experienced

YouTube - Midnight Run - Bugatti Veyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo

Last edited by Trailbraker; 13-08-08 at 10:35. Reason: quote was Tremolos, not bigfoot, oops!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

More likely the sort of person who would have one of these cars, would just be extending their fleet of exotica cars and probably have a better sense of perspective on how relatively unimprotant such trinkets are.

I wouldn't imagine its much different to a normal joe finally getting a wide screen full HD television for the first time, nice , cool, maybe geeky but doesn't change your life.

I have only seen one in real life, but it made a rather memorable impression - it had just come in on road tyres from an extended dice with a 700bhp Rallycross car on slicks on a damp treacherously narrow public road (closed for a race meet) with its brakes on fire - had to set off for another jaunt to cool them down.
I have never seen anything glide with such ferocity and perform such brutal gut wrenching stops with the grace and majesty of this thing. Yes there are some contradictions, but since this car is clearly an impossibility thats to be expected.

It was unreal, a freakish force of fantasy.

I want one.

Its cool.

Quote:

I'm not a doctor - but I really do recommend braking later

Last edited by Trailbraker; 13-08-08 at 09:50.
Global Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbraker View Post
Or maybe its a gloriously lunatic expression of bonkers grade dedication to excellence and application of spirit to produce a car that is almost infeasible to comprehend to our small minds.

Check out the impression it left on Autocars Chris Harris, who previously was a bit cold on the Veyron, until he drove it - after which he was basically incoherent due to the uniqueness of what he had experienced

YouTube - Midnight Run - Bugatti Veyron
That's not my quote

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Sorry BF, corrected attribution to Tremolo
AO Member

County: Queensland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
On what basis?

Because the exhaust noise is not overly loud? Because the looks of the car are tame(ish)?

As far as I read, the Veyron has been blood and tears for the VW engineers, with huge political overtones which seemingly forced a change in CEO and Porsche being able to move on and take over VW.

I think the Veyron (which apparently loses EUR 2m per sale!) is proof that even Zee Tchermans have a heart.
That's exactly my point: the concept, the idea of it - build a 1000hp car that goes 400km/h regardless of cost - is awesome and worthy of coolness.

But there's something about the actual car that is distinctly cold & German. It's very serious, there's no drama and no sense of fun. No lairy tailslides, or gratuitously loud exhaust. It's all perfectly executed & efficient forward motion, which is a bit of a shame.

I realise that at 400km/h you probably don't want lairy tailslides, and that 1000hp probably doesn't need any more added fun, but I just reckon it could have been a bit more of a laugh.

I'd rather have something like a Zonda F if I had infinite money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warjit
IF I DO HAVE AN ACCIDNET AND RUN OFF THE ROAD...I HOPE ALL OF U IDIOTS ESPECIALLY TREMLO ARE DRIVING NEXT TO ME

Last edited by tremolo; 14-08-08 at 03:01.
Global Mod Team

The Zonda is certainly visually more striking.
(Post Link) post #66 of 102 Old 14-08-08 Thread Starter
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

The only thing the Veyron needs is a soul transplant...
AO Platinum Member

Sub-zero!!

Ralf S.
HSTDriver

I've changed my opinion. It's not cool after all. And It's definatley not sub zero.

Whats the point in a supercar that is neither brash, loud or in your face? That's what supercars DO. It's their raison d'etre

That's why this is not a cool car. It's a science project, it's a physics lecture. It's a Bill Gates wet dream, what it's NOT, is cool.

AO Silver Member

County: Powys

Quote:
I've changed my opinion. It's not cool after all. And It's definatley not sub zero.

Whats the point in a supercar that is neither brash, loud or in your face? That's what supercars DO. It's their raison d'etre

That's why this is not a cool car. It's a science project, it's a physics lecture. It's a Bill Gates wet dream, what it's NOT, is cool.
I totally agree with you HST, but what made you come to your senses?
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Its got a 1000bhp and can use them - has to be sub-zero
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

02 147 1,6 TS

From the technological standpoint, it's amazing. The fastest road legal thing on wheels...
But does it make it cool?
Don't think so. And it's design is as unimpressing as it's tech specs are.
Totally defeats the pupose.
A car like that should kill anybody who is not a *real* driver as soon as one shifts into second. But the fact that even Captain Slow could wrench it out to top speed makes it....
... seriously uncool.
v6hughes

1001 bhp - road legal - sub zero

AO Member

County: Gauteng

it dont like....
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Gtv 2.0 ts

Engineering masterpiece..but i hate it..penis extention for small men with bigger wallets than brains....I AM BEING *****Y TODAY !
AO Silver Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.6 TS

Although it is an awsome machine, I don't think it can be called cool.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Cool Wall

Tags
164 , bugatti , veyron

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page