Alfa 159 bumper crack / chip / repair, DIY or Professional help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

Alfa 159 bumper crack / chip / repair, DIY or Professional help

Hi all,

Basically I caused a slight paint chip on the lower lip of the front bumper, the smaller chips where already there but I'am now looking into repairing it as its a bit of an ear sore.

Any help regarding if I could do a DIY repair or a cheap professional repair jobbie recommendation would be appreciated.

I do have some mixed paint that has been matched to the car colour so I can paint the area once I have / if done a DiY repair on the area.

If it's more cost-effective, a full bumper respray could be done at a stretch as there are a few more paint chips on that area.

See attached picture to see the chip.

Cheers,
Joe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151012_214909[1].jpg (44.9 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Worcestershire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJoe92 View Post
Hi all,

Basically I caused a slight paint chip on the lower lip of the front bumper, the smaller chips where already there but I'am now looking into repairing it as its a bit of an ear sore.

Any help regarding if I could do a DIY repair or a cheap professional repair jobbie recommendation would be appreciated.

I do have some mixed paint that has been matched to the car colour so I can paint the area once I have / if done a DiY repair on the area.

If it's more cost-effective, a full bumper respray could be done at a stretch as there are a few more paint chips on that area.

See attached picture to see the chip.

Cheers,
Joe.
Depending on your level of confidence (or balls - whichever way you look at it) you could sand it down, filler primer > paint > clear coat it. Could be done in a day and with were it is wouldn't really be noticeable if it wasn't perfectly blended into the rest doing it yourself. Its definately patch repairable though. Shouldnt need a full bumper respray - you could but were not all made of money right? ... Just resprayed the rear arches on my 159Ti myself - damn stone chips.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

Yeah you're right, full bumper respray would be unnecessary. I did get a quote of £110 for a localised repair / respray which seemed reasonable. I don't feel too confident with sanding / respraying myself atm. I had to talk myself out of getting the alloys refurbed now as I felt if I'm shelling out money, might aswell 'improve' something as they are flaking really badly and just look a bit naff.

Cheers,
Joe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
159 , alfa , bumper , chip , crack , diy , professional , repair

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page