DoDo Juice Diamond White Wax & Red Mist Sealer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommywho156

Durty dog

DoDo Juice Diamond White Wax & Red Mist Sealer

I have been hearing rave reviews about DoDo juice diamond white wax and Red Mist sealer. I got myself both products last week and spent the weekend detailing, the wax is so easy to use and once hazed remove like normal wax, after a day of the wax curing i added red mist, this is a seal that gives the paint a wet and glossed look. The one in this post is pre-waxing. The second post will be after waxing and the third post will be after the red mist has been used.
Attachment 493521

Last edited by Durty dog; 15-09-15 at 08:09.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Durty dog

This post is the paintwork after application of the Dodo juice wax.
Attachment 493529

Attachment 493537

AO Silver Member

County: KwaZulu-Natal

Member car:

Giulietta MA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durty dog View Post
I have been hearing rave reviews about DoDo juice diamond white wax and Red Mist sealer. I got myself both products last week and spent the weekend detailing, the wax is so easy to use and once hazed remove like normal wax, after a day of the wax curing i added red mist, this is a seal that gives the paint a wet and glossed look. The one in this post is pre-waxing. The second post will be after waxing and the third post will be after the red mist has been used.
Attachment 493521

Shouldn't a wax be applied after the sealant?
Durty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by italover View Post
Shouldn't a wax be applied after the sealant?
No the sealant seals in the wax and gives it a bit more longevity

Durty dog

This is the finish after red mist has been applied over the wax, shiny.
Attachment 493913

Attachment 493921

Attachment 493929

AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Quote:
No the sealant seals in the wax and gives it a bit more longevity
You apply a wax after a sealant I'm afraid.
Waxes break down faster than sealants, regardless of whether you seal over the top.

Whatever products you apply they're directly affected by what's underneath them as that's what they're bonded to.
The correct order is: polish, seal, wax.

County: Cork
Garage
Looks like Red Mist is different, more of a Quick Detailer rather than a traditional Sealer according to the sales blurb
Dodo Juice Red Mist Protection Detailer - mental durability. insane shine. from the mother of all quick detailers.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Looks like Red Mist is different, more of a Quick Detailer rather than a traditional Sealer according to the sales blurb
Dodo Juice Red Mist Protection Detailer - mental durability. insane shine. from the mother of all quick detailers.
Much like AutoBrite's Project 32.
Durty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommywho156 View Post
You apply a wax after a sealant I'm afraid.
Waxes break down faster than sealants, regardless of whether you seal over the top.

Whatever products you apply they're directly affected by what's underneath them as that's what they're bonded to.
The correct order is: polish, seal, wax.
Are you sure?
Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer - mental durability. insane shine. from the mother of all quick detailers.

Durty dog

Quote:
Its a top up to keep the wax sealed in, a quick detailer is generally a wax this is purely a top up and the car has to be absolutely spotless before applying this stuff.

Last edited by Durty dog; 28-04-15 at 11:31.

AO Silver Member

Yes, I'm 100% sure.
Red Mist, however, isn't a true sealant. It's a gloss enhancing detail spray with short term sealing properties. Much like AutoBrite Direct Project 32 it's designed to be used to 'top up' existing protection. The term 'sealant' in its description is misleading.
A true sealant should last several months before reapplication is required, not a week or two.

I've come across several people caught out by this and they've applied P32 and waxed over the top. They're then left wondering why their protection has only lasted a couple of washes. They swap the process and it works perfectly.

www.facebook.com/tjr5150 For all your valeting and detailing needs.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Its a top up to keep the wax sealed in, a quick detailer is generally a wax this is purely a top up and the car has to be absolutely spotless before applying this stuff.
Again, incorrect.

Detailing sprays are not generally just waxes. They often contain cleaning agents and gloss enhancers. They remove water spots and add a deep shine. A few offer a little extra protection and top up wax coats.
Durty dog

Quote:
Again, incorrect.

Detailing sprays are not generally just waxes. They often contain cleaning agents and gloss enhancers. They remove water spots and add a deep shine. A few offer a little extra protection and top up wax coats.
Looks like they are wording the product wrong if they are saying its sealant :think:

AO Silver Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Looks like they are wording the product wrong if they are saying its sealant :think:
Not described as a sealant on the website at all?

Only mention of sealants is where it's claiming to be "gentle" on the underlying sealant/wax layers...
Durty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Not described as a sealant on the website at all?

Only mention of sealants is where it's claiming to be "gentle" on the underlying sealant/wax layers...

3rd line down says its a 'potent spray sealant'

Whatever it is its good stuff

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Is this specifically for white cars?
I'm about to take delivery of a new car in that "colour" and that sounds like its worth a look if it is.
AO Silver Member

Quote:

3rd line down says its a 'potent spray sealant'

Whatever it is its good stuff
Got it, I was reading the Red Mist Tropical page...

I'll say one thing, that choice of font/typeface on the website is almost enough to put me off the product.. Almost made my eyes bleed trying to read it!!

County: Cork
Garage
Not the easiest to read is it

You've linked to two different products (both are described as detailers) which did you use ?
Durty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Is this specifically for white cars?
I'm about to take delivery of a new car in that "colour" and that sounds like its worth a look if it is.
the diamond white is designed for white cars as the other range of dodo waxes can actually tint a white car.

Durty dog

Quote:
Not the easiest to read is it

You've linked to two different products (both are described as detailers) which did you use ?
its an awful site tbh and apologies for the confusion guys, this is the link which i purchased it from. Looking at it its actually a top up detailer.
Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer - mental durability. insane shine. from the mother of all quick detailers.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
the diamond white is designed for white cars as the other range of dodo waxes can actually tint a white car.
That's another marketing ploy. They really don't 'tint' white cars.
I did a test using Soft 99 Fusso light and dark on various coloured cars and found zero noticeable difference (I used light on black cars and dark on silver, yellow and white). Even Soft99's UK distributor admits there's not difference, it's just marketing two products to get professionals to buy both. Dodo Juice are just doing the same thing.
AO Silver Member

County: KwaZulu-Natal

Member car:

Giulietta MA.

Amazing how some companies can be so unscrupulous in trying to maximise profits.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italover View Post
Amazing how some companies can be so unscrupulous in trying to maximise profits.
Do they though?

"Mr Detailer" might buy two tubs of compound, one for light cars and one for dark... But each tub now lasts twice as long, because it's used half as often...

I would have thought that when you're making a living making cars beautiful, you'll get through enough products that it'll all balance out..

For the majority of us amateurs, we'll buy one product at a time and just use that...
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Do they though?

"Mr Detailer" might buy two tubs of compound, one for light cars and one for dark... But each tub now lasts twice as long, because it's used half as often...

I would have thought that when you're making a living making cars beautiful, you'll get through enough products that it'll all balance out..

For the majority of us amateurs, we'll buy one product at a time and just use that...
It happens a lot. Most are pretty savvy but a lot get caught out or often cater for their clients. I don't like a lot of Autoglym products but I stock them and use them at a customers request (I do give them alternatives). To prove a point I used Soft99 Fusso Light on my Blackline...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1430859734752.jpg (108.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1430859767967.jpg (166.2 KB, 8 views)
Danman likes this.
Durty dog

Quote:
It happens a lot. Most are pretty savvy but a lot get caught out or often cater for their clients. I don't like a lot of Autoglym products but I stock them and use them at a customers request (I do give them alternatives). To prove a point I used Soft99 Fusso Light on my Blackline...
thats a lovely finish

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
diamond , dodo , juice , mist , red , sealer , wax , white

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page