Free car cleaning samples? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 39 Old 23-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Free car cleaning samples?

So I've been told I have too many car cleaning products... I also test products for Auto Finesse, as such I have quite a bit.

Would anyone like some free samples? I can write a list of what I have, from polishes to glazes, to spray wax to tar remover, to AIO polishes to snow foam etc etc etc. I can do them in small bottles but will ask that postage is covered, usually £2.80 for a small package.

Would anyone be interested?

Dan
David P and mpjg like this.
Danman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Alfa addict
AO Member
 
Kevin Hanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cornwall
Posts: 61
Yes please!
Kevin Hanley is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,004
Garage
Nice offer
David P is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Dalewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 195
Anything for Matt paint?
Dalewis is offline  
Status: Living the dream
Newbie
 
mpjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Lothian
Posts: 755
Garage
I would be interested, always like to try new stuff i havent tried
mpjg is offline  
LukeyC
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yup, defo interested here!

What have you got?
 
(Post Link) post #7 of 39 Old 23-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

OK, no worries, ill make a list tonight.
Danman is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,937
I might be interested if you've got any "beginner" oriented stuff I could try? Anything that's fairly forgiving, and usable by hand (ie microfibre cloths from tesco) I'd have a go with!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 39 Old 23-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
I might be interested if you've got any "beginner" oriented stuff I could try? Anything that's fairly forgiving, and usable by hand (ie microfibre cloths from tesco) I'd have a go with!
Yes! got some ace stuff for beginners. What car do you have, colour, etc
Danman is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
Yes! got some ace stuff for beginners. What car do you have, colour, etc
Awesome !

GT Blackline, black... With a few stone chips and supermarket carpark dents

Do you want paint code colour too?
_The_Editor_ is offline  
A6
Status: What's that noise now!
AO Silver Member
 
A6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Worcestershire
Posts: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
OK, no worries, ill make a list tonight.

Top man

I note you test Auto Finesse products, do you rate them? On DW they all seem to rave about Auto Finesse but it would be good to get an alfisti's view on these.
A6 is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 39 Old 24-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6 View Post
Top man

I note you test Auto Finesse products, do you rate them? On DW they all seem to rave about Auto Finesse but it would be good to get an alfisti's view on these.
Yeah I really do rate them, when they make something it usually hits the spot.

I had quite a large collection before i started testing for them.

I do use other products too though, as some companies do certain products better.
Danman is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 39 Old 24-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Awesome !

GT Blackline, black... With a few stone chips and supermarket carpark dents

Do you want paint code colour too?
Well, nothing you can buy an really sort the dents or stone chips

How into car cleaning are you? Do you polish and wax or would you want something that does both in one step?
Danman is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
Well, nothing you can buy an really sort the dents or stone chips

How into car cleaning are you? Do you polish and wax or would you want something that does both in one step?
Yea I need to get one of those "dent wizard" types to work their magic... After that I'm thinking chipex/paints4u and seeing how that goes..

Wash almost every other weekend, I have waxed... Would love a go at polishing though!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
(Post Link) post #15 of 39 Old 25-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
Yea I need to get one of those "dent wizard" types to work their magic... After that I'm thinking chipex/paints4u and seeing how that goes..

Wash almost every other weekend, I have waxed... Would love a go at polishing though!
Yeah can send a pretty good all rounder polish for you.

I also have a tub of Auto Glym HD wax and applicators I dont really use, be good for it to go to a new home if you use it?
Danman is offline  
Status: I don't like Alfas...I love them!
AO Silver Member
 
italover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Africa
County: KwaZulu-Natal
Posts: 3,731

Member car:

Giulietta MA.

I love detailing.I'm always trying out new products.
Pity I'm in South Africa.
italover is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
Yeah can send a pretty good all rounder polish for you.

I also have a tub of Auto Glym HD wax and applicators I dont really use, be good for it to go to a new home if you use it?
100% would use it

I've only used liquid/paste waxes (turtlewax, simoniz diamond), would love a go with some proper hard wax!

Let me know how much I owe you!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
(Post Link) post #18 of 39 Old 26-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Editor_ View Post
100% would use it

I've only used liquid/paste waxes (turtlewax, simoniz diamond), would love a go with some proper hard wax!

Let me know how much I owe you!
OK no worries, PM me your address and I'll send over the wax, some applicators, and a polish sample this week. Just send me 2.80 P&P when you receive it.

Oh. and I hope to see your car in next months detailing competition !!!!!!
Danman is offline  
Status: Flaps? What flaps?
AO Silver Member
 
_The_Editor_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
OK no worries, PM me your address and I'll send over the wax, some applicators, and a polish sample this week. Just send me 2.80 P&P when you receive it.

Oh. and I hope to see your car in next months detailing competition !!!!!!
Awesome

No excuse not to enter now, will just have to ask you all ignore the dents and alloy scuffs!
_The_Editor_ is offline  
Status: Not so Excited anymore!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 42
What do you recommend for a Zoe yellow Spider? The lacquer is in need of attention as very small cracks in the paint are showing
Mr. Fastidious. is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
george123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman View Post
So I've been told I have too many car cleaning products... I also test products for Auto Finesse, as such I have quite a bit.



Would anyone like some free samples? I can write a list of what I have, from polishes to glazes, to spray wax to tar remover, to AIO polishes to snow foam etc etc etc. I can do them in small bottles but will ask that postage is covered, usually £2.80 for a small package.



Would anyone be interested?



Dan

Hi. Do you have any of the Dressle dressing? If you PM your PayPal email address I can send you he £2.80. Thanks
george123 is offline  
(Post Link) post #22 of 39 Old 28-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fastidious. View Post
What do you recommend for a Zoe yellow Spider? The lacquer is in need of attention as very small cracks in the paint are showing
Hmmm, I really dont know. Ultra glaze would be good at masking them as it is a good filler. Car fire over a sample if you like?
Danman is offline  
(Post Link) post #23 of 39 Old 28-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by george123 View Post
Hi. Do you have any of the Dressle dressing? If you PM your PayPal email address I can send you he £2.80. Thanks
Sorry all my dressle has gone!
Danman is offline  
Status: prohibition sucks
AO Member
 
alfacapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Derbyshire
Posts: 253
what would you recommend for a black (carbonero) 159 with black plastic window surrounds etc. 57 model with 65k on the motor and washed and dried every month but loads chips on rear haunches from front wheels and few on bonnet nose and spoiler.

best thing I used was autoglym wet polish but always looking for something that helps mask the specks that arise with the miles put on. lalso recently noticed some swirling but never use machine car wash so not sure where that has come from.

if you have pay pal happy to get payment to you for p&p.
alfacapone is offline  
(Post Link) post #25 of 39 Old 28-04-15 Thread Starter
Status: Love tyre threads.
AO Member
 
Danman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 606

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacapone View Post
what would you recommend for a black (carbonero) 159 with black plastic window surrounds etc. 57 model with 65k on the motor and washed and dried every month but loads chips on rear haunches from front wheels and few on bonnet nose and spoiler.

best thing I used was autoglym wet polish but always looking for something that helps mask the specks that arise with the miles put on. lalso recently noticed some swirling but never use machine car wash so not sure where that has come from.

if you have pay pal happy to get payment to you for p&p.
Auto Finesse Ultra Glaze has some great filling abilities, I did a review below, my review is the second one, you can see how the product fills and leaves a great finish

Auto Finesse NEW Ultra Glaze - The reviews thread - Page 5 - Detailing World
Danman is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
detailing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome