Minor Scratch Removal on a Lamborghini Murcielago - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 23-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kentucky
Minor Scratch Removal on a Lamborghini Murcielago

This is a somewhat quick video showing me removing some minor scratches from a Lamborghini Murcielago. The scratches were not deep and could have been removed with a rotary polisher alone, however, I didn't have a rotary polisher at my disposal. The only thing I had was the Flex 3401VRG dual-action polisher, which compared to an orbital polisher like the PC-7424XP is much more of a workhorse. The Flex alone was not powerful enough to remove these scratches in a timely manner.

There are some things that I want to make clear BEFORE you watch this video. In this video, I use polisher by a company called Adam's, Now there are a MULTITUDE of polishes that I could have used by various companies, some being a better quality than than what I used (3M, Optimum, 3D, AMMO, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line and Menzerna just to name a few). What you should take away from this video is not only the process that I used, but the technique that was used to get these results. There's a method to my madness as you see me work and I clearly explain that throughout the video. So don't think that you have to use what I use, understand that if you use a solid technique, you can make just about any halfway decent product give you the results that you are looking for.

Another thing, don't fall for the hype about which product on the market is best. People who have that mentality don't understand the advantages of having a solid technique. There are only a few companies out there making a lot of these products and two people on a message board could be arguing about the same product with two different labels. So get an understanding as to HOW this stuff is done and it won't matter what you use as long as you use something halfway different and a solid technique.

Oddly enough, these cars have some of the same orange peel issues that your normal economy cars have. However, the clear coat does appear to be of a much better quality than the norm. This is one of two Lamborghini's that I worked on this weekend.

Enjoy!

The Junkman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n9AZFYfH-E

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Wow top thread and thank you
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 23-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for checking it out.
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Thanks for checking it out.

Where's the best place to find more info on the correct pad choice / types for a newbie?
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 23-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

You can check out the thread that I have posted here, as it explains the entire process in a two-hour long, 5 video series. I go from A-Z on how this stuff is done. Make sure you bring a pen and paper with you. It's like a college course for novices.
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
You can check out the thread that I have posted here, as it explains the entire process in a two-hour long, 5 video series. I go from A-Z on how this stuff is done. Make sure you bring a pen and paper with you. It's like a college course for novices.

Ha ha brilliant, top man thanks for that.

Sounds like I have an expensive journey ahead.

Thanks again
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 24-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

The only cost is in the initial gathering of the tools and chemicals. However, if you truly understand what I preach and follow my methods, you will find that the upkeep of your paint is very cost friendly once you have it fixed.

Here's the whole secret to doing this type of paint maintenance. You should only have to do the entire process ONCE in the life of your car's paint. After that one time, the only thing you should EVER have to do is a light upkeep. If you correctly maintain your paint after fixing it, this will be YOUR reality.
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
The only cost is in the initial gathering of the tools and chemicals. However, if you truly understand what I preach and follow my methods, you will find that the upkeep of your paint is very cost friendly once you have it fixed.

Here's the whole secret to doing this type of paint maintenance. You should only have to do the entire process ONCE in the life of your car's paint. After that one time, the only thing you should EVER have to do is a light upkeep. If you correctly maintain your paint after fixing it, this will be YOUR reality.

I've finally worked my way through all your videos on YouTube. Very helpful and thank you for taking the time to post these up. I've learned a lot of new things watching these.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 29-03-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for watching.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
lamborghini , minor , murcielago , removal , scratch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page