Snow foam lance maintenance - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 15-11-14 Thread Starter

County: West Lothian
Garage
Snow foam lance maintenance

Today came the twice a year full snow foam lance strip down, clean and re assemble so i thought i would do a little how to on it being done.

Equipment needed:

Vice
Adjustable spanner
Flat head screwdriver
Philips screwdriver
Allan key ( small enough to push the mesh out)
PTFE tape
Any replacement parts needed

First of all clean water was ran through the lance to clear any soap out of it prior to dismantling. snow foam lance connectors may vary but they are all the same concept. this is a Karcher one. ( black connector) Remove the lance bottle and you are left with this:

1416065411797.jpg

Next is to remove the pick up pipe, this is done by turning the attachment to loosen it then just unscrew off.

Then remove the front fan adjustment nozzle, for this you will need a punch or nail slim enough to tap a small holding pin out,

1416065729099.jpg

After the pin has been punched out the cover just pulls off to show the fan spread components.

1416065876944.jpg

Remove the ratio dial by taking the holding screw out from the top of it. The connector at the back unscrews from the main body to leave you with this:

1416065898289.jpg

This is where the good stuff come into it,

There are 3 section to the main body, the picture bellow shows how they all split, the little screw is removed by a flat headed screwdriver, the mesh pellet can be pushed out by using a allan key or something thin enough to go through the hole,

20141115_151346_1423350991834.jpg

1416066141067.jpg

The mesh pellet, ratio control valve and the little screw are all placed into a de greaser and then a lime scale remover,

If you have a problem getting the connector piece back sitting so that the lance is at an angle and not sitting level a copper washer can be used tp solve this.

As an extra precaution i fitted a pick up filter with mesh on the inside to limit the impurities going throught the lance

1416066403915.jpg

Re assemble in the reverse order making sure that threads have PTFE tape applied. Note that for a gauze change or clean, only the fan adjuster collar, the fan and the nose piece.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to mail me and I will help as much as I can. If needed you can send me the lance and i will fix it.

Marc

Last edited by mpjg; 08-02-15 at 17:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

I struggled to do mine last week, this would of helped loads. Cheers mate.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 15-11-14 Thread Starter

Garage
Thats no problem, glad it came in handy
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
There's a much easier trick. Pour 500ml of Dettol limescale remover into the bottle, top up with cold water. Turn the adjuster all the way to - and run it through the lance. Flush with fresh water and Bob's your uncle, perfectly clean gauze in less than 5 mins.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 15-11-14 Thread Starter

Garage
That is a good trick to keep in mine, i personally like to dismantle it and re assemble, just the way i am, mechanically minded
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
I discovered it because my lance was assembled by the Incredible Hulk after he'd eaten three Shredded Wheat!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa of course

IMHO running Descaler through helps but every now and then a complete clean is needed. Often a gauze replacement saves the day..
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 12-02-15 Thread Starter

Garage
If anyone needs a replacement gauze filter let me know, I have worked out a way that you could get one for 5.00 to your door if theres enough of us. Also have other spare parts available if you need anything. Pm or email me if you need anything

Last edited by mpjg; 18-02-15 at 22:17.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
foam , lance , maintenance , snow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page