Brand New Car Detail - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 17-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Detailing Car Of The Year Winner 2015

County: West Midlands
Brand New Car Detail

I currently have a company car from brand new and honestly I've really neglected it. You know how it goes (well maybe not to detailing enthusiasts,) your car's dirty, £3 at the local car wash, job done.

It goes without saying anyway that my two year paint work is dull to say the least. But I do put this neglect to the fact that its a company car and not really my car of choice.

I previously owned a 147 and I cherished it. I'm putting an order on a Mito QV this weekend and I plan to do the same. After reading various articles I think I've now caught the detailing bug.

I came across the article about detailing brand new cars and as you can see, brand new cars are not as squeaky clean as you would suspect How To Detail A Brand New Car | Car Care Blog | Detailing Blog | Polished Bliss

Has anyone else had their cars detailed from new?

I'm going for the Alfa Red and I'm undecided how to protect the paintwork. Should I go for a wax or a sealant solution as offered by Gtechniq? Has anyone some advice / recommendation on how to protect the paintwork and how the different products will affect the cars finish?

I'm also interested in how to care for the interior leather. I've never had a car with leather interior so no idea how it wears and how to care for it. I've seen all sorts of different products advertised but read somewhere that leather requires no more than a neutral detergent and water? What are peoples experiences with maintaining leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

156 JTD 20v

The choice between a wax or sealant is largely a matter of preference. My suggestion is to buy whatever you fancy.

In terms of leather, there are dedicated leather cleaners which would effectively and safely keep the leather in good condition. On Detailing World, the Dr Leather wipes and LTT products seem to be highly regarded. I use a leather safe All Purpose Cleaner and some Gtech C6 for protection but there are plenty of decent alternatives
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

if i was in the position of getting a new car, i'd get it gtecniq'd by a pro - from the get go. and this comes from a man who likes cleaning cars. )
you'll be able to keep it looking at its best, for a long time.
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

First thing is to insist they do not touch the paintwork before you get it, as the first damage will be done... Then you can either get a pro to give you the best start or set to it yourself.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 19-09-14 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R159 View Post
First thing is to insist they do not touch the paintwork before you get it, as the first damage will be done... Then you can either get a pro to give you the best start or set to it yourself.
Yes I agree with you, I will insist that they don't touch the paintwork and leave all the pre-delivery stickers and covers in place.

After much deliberation, I've decided that I can buy a complete set of top quality products for the price of a professional applying Gtechniq Crystal Serum (£400+.)

This will obviously mean I wont have the protection of the crystal serum (which is only available to authorised professsionals), and that I'll have to do all the work myself, but it'll also mean that I'll have left over product for future maintenance.

I like the look of this wax:

"Swissvax Scuderia wax has been specifically developed for the delicate paintworks of Italian vehicles (e.g. Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia and Maserati) offering 40% by volume of pure yellow Grade one Carnauba wax from Northern Brazil."

Has anyone tried this?
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 02-10-14 Thread Starter

I've mad a U-turn and booked my car in for a detail with GemClean Detailing - Paintwork Correction - Berkshire, Surrey, London for a full Gtechniq protection package.

Vehicle will be delivered to them directly from the Alfa Romeo Garage and will stay there for two days...
AO Silver Member

County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 Gta

bad idea... you wont have chance to get the before pictures lol
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

^^^ lol
you know it makes sense. that'll be the easiest thing to clean and make look as good as new, every time you wash it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
brand , car , detail

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page