Snow Foam - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 29-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Snow Foam

Today I bought an add on Snow Foam lance for my Karcher. It came with a litre of "Ultra foam cleaner" most of which has gone just cleaning one GTV. I think I had everything set on full. Anyway can anyone recommend a brand of Snow Foam that will work with a Karcher, is available in bulk and isn't too expensive to use on a regular basis?
Ta Muchly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
A litre should last a good while !!!

Assuming you have a proper Snowfoam lance and not the Karcher attachment which is crap.

You need to put about an inch of Snowfoam in the lance bottle and fill to top with water.

A good Snowfoam shampoo will produce a thick lather which you will need to adjust the lance so it provides the correct density of foam.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
What do you need to wash them for? They never leave your house
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 29-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
What do you need to wash them for? They never leave your house
Ha ha. Giulietta went to London and back at weekend and I need to consider taking the Cup off the road for a while as mileage is climbing quicker than I would like.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 29-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6 View Post
A litre should last a good while !!!

Assuming you have a proper Snowfoam lance and not the Karcher attachment which is crap.

You need to put about an inch of Snowfoam in the lance bottle and fill to top with water.

A good Snowfoam shampoo will produce a thick lather which you will need to adjust the lance so it provides the correct density of foam.
It is the Karcher attachment. It seemed OK but used a lot more of the foam cleaner than I expected.
A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreenzebra View Post
It is the Karcher attachment. It seemed OK but used a lot more of the foam cleaner than I expected.

That explains it the Katcher attachment is crap. Invest in a proper Snowfoam lance. I bought the Autobrite one and it's superb.

There is an ongoing group deal offer on the lance and Snowfoam package on Detailingworld forum. Search for it and grab yourself a good deal
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Hi Jim

I've recently upgraded to one of these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item3f3226fec5 and find it awesome with my little K2 Karcher. I've tried Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam and was disappointed with it, Its grab was poor and the foam soon left the car. I've just bought some of this : CleanYourCar - Super Snow Foam - Clean Your Car Its a lot more foaming and really sticks to the car well.
Only other tip is remember to buy a PH friendly one or it'll stripe all your lovely wax off
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 04-08-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris260309 View Post
Hi Jim

I've recently upgraded to one of these : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item3f3226fec5 and find it awesome with my little K2 Karcher. I've tried Auto Finesse Avalanche snow foam and was disappointed with it, Its grab was poor and the foam soon left the car. I've just bought some of this : CleanYourCar - Super Snow Foam - Clean Your Car Its a lot more foaming and really sticks to the car well.
Only other tip is remember to buy a PH friendly one or it'll stripe all your lovely wax off
By coincidence I have already brought that very brand of snow foam Simon.
I have cleaned 5 cars since I bought the Karcher attachment (4 vehicles 1 twice) and I have dropped the full bottle 3 times so far when attaching it to the pressure washer. What a stupid design!
I now see why people "upgrade" fairly quickly. I will probably do similar in the not too distant future.
AO Member

County: Western Cape
my Karcher soap also only lasted 2 washes, i got normal Shield wash and wax for R33 and filled the bottle, on setting 3 i have washed the car 2wise and only uses a 1/4, the shield soap is a lot thicker so it foams nice

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
foam , snow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page