Best Pressure washer shampoo ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 29-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

159 JTDm

Best Pressure washer shampoo ?

Hi all ..now that the summer is on way ..anyone have opinion on power washer shampoo ...if you have used to wash your alfa with ? E.G Autoglym Pressure Washer Shampoo or Turtle Wax Wash & Wax Pressure Washer fluid or Halfords own brand ..etc !

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vromm View Post
Hi all ..now that the summer is on way ..anyone have opinion on power washer shampoo ...if you have used to wash your alfa with ? E.G Autoglym Pressure Washer Shampoo or Turtle Wax Wash & Wax Pressure Washer fluid or Halfords own brand ..etc !

Thanks!
I use Valet Pro - Neutral Snow Foam. Not cheap but it work's really well (I use it with a 'proper' snow foam lance). Nice thick foam

County: West Lothian
Garage
+1 to the above
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Giulietta QV

I like Autobrite Magifoam. Works well, plus you can buy it in bulk so it costs less per use.
AO Member

County: Lancashire
This is something I've been thinking about too, does snow foam work much better than like grangers shampoo and a lamb mit? also is there a good snow foam gun end that fits on the end of a Karcher power wash?

County: West Lothian
Garage
Snow foams a pre wash so you will still have to wash it with shampoo afterwords, it take the majority of the dirt off the car beflre you start to touch it, for me I want as most dirt and grime gone as possible without touching the car
AO Member

County: Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobbito View Post
also is there a good snow foam gun end that fits on the end of a Karcher power wash?
I got one of these:

Snow Foam Lance - Clean Your Car

I'm using it with a Bosch Clic 125 pressure washer but I think they have fitting's for most pressure washers. The 'lance' applies the foam in a nice thick and even coating
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Snow Foam Lance – Directhoses
This is where I bought my snow foam lance, which is exactly the same as supplied by other detailing companies for much more.
One of the best snow foam products (tested on detailingworld) is bilt hamber auto foam.

County: -
I should be fine with any shampoo running through it for my best pressure washer. Mix ratio should be fine to foam up on the car.

But.. for the love of god don;t use the rotary head on your paint! you lazy bugger!
You will do so much damage to the paint over time.

Last edited by vancilwa; 14-09-17 at 12:03.
AO Member

County: -Middlesex
Many professional detailers swear by the Bilt Hamber Snow Foam. I have used it to good effect on all my cars. The key thing is to apply it reasonably thick and let it dwell for a good while but not let it dry out.

FWIW, I find that I need to use less Traffic Film Remover, Insect Remover and Tar Remover if I use the BH than if I have used the cheap stuff you can buy in the supermarkets.

I use a spray gun/bottle with a brass fitting (on a Kranzle pressure washer) which I think I found on eBay.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
pressure , shampoo , washer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page