Faded interior trim on spider - what product to use? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Faded interior trim on spider - what product to use?

Hi. My 1999 spider needs some TLC on the interior trim (door panels, etc). Can anyone recommend a good product they've used. I've heard gtechniq is good, but most examples I have seen on the web are for exterior black plastic trim. Would appreciate some recommendations. Also has anyone cleaned the carpets, or is this best done by a professional car valeter. Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

I strongly recommend Aerospace 303 which is my go to product. As they say in the classics "It can heal the sick, not raise the dead" as I am not sure just how bad your interior trim is and what effect you are trying to achieve. It gives a lovely matt original look and contains SPF products. It is not shiny and sticky.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 21-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Thanks springbok. I liked your quote. Made me giggle. My trim I would say is a little poorly, so I will give it a try using aerospace 303. Just watched the polished bliss video on it and it looks good, although they used it on an engine bay, I wouldn't risk that on my spider...probably would never work again ! Thanks for your advice.
AO Member

Member car:

156 JTD 20v

For interior trim I really like the Gtech C6 matte dressing which in addition to giving a matt finish is also highly durable. Don't overlook the Autoglym dressing nor the ever popular Poorboys Natural Look dressing. Whatever you choose, it is really worth the effort of using an All Purpose Cleaner to get everything nice and clean first. Lots of these products around from Meguiars, Gtech, Bilt Hamber, Optimum (my favourite) and many others. Focus on the cleaning rather than the dressing and your interior will look better

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
faded , interior , product , spider , trim

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page