Pressure Washer tips - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester
Pressure Washer tips

Hello all,

Just been looking at some reviews and best buy in the pressure washer area - defo not going another winter without. Anyone got any tips for buying and brands / power etc and generally what to look for?

Seems Karcher dominate which makes me suspicious - certainly more £s!! I'm happy to spend £200-£250.

Spotted this Hozelock best buy on AutoExpress. Quite like Hozelock stuff for garden but not sure on pressure washers?

Hozelock Heavy Duty Pressure Washer 150 | Auto Express

Also Vax been mentioned by a pal.

Any help appreciated.

Tinbridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Giulietta QV

I have a Gerni which is at the bottom of their range, so it's not the most powerful, but is plenty powerful enough to do the job. I chose Gerni because you could get two nozzles for it specifically for cars. One is a right angle so you can do the underneath easily, the other is a car nozzle supposedly producing a more gentle spray than the regular one. If you want to use snow foam, the plastic bottle these washers come with doesn't work, I tried it. You need a specific foam lance that clips on to the end of the wand. I got the Autobrite one, it works really well. It comes in different fittings to suit the brand of washer you have. I also use the Autobrite MagicFoam, also seems very good, although doesn't smell that good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (78.2 KB, 15 views)
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 26-11-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester
Thanks for the reply Mulga - the Gerni looks good as does your motor!
AO Member

County: -
I was in your position over the summer and did some research. Have a look on detailing world for more reviews / threads. I ended up getting a Nilfisk, which is doing a good job so far.
AO Member

Just bought a Nilfisk from Homebase (£85) and although I haven't had a chance to use it yet,have read the instructions that came with it(unusual for me!) Anyway,it says to snow foam from the bottom of car upwards & I can't work out why,any ideas?
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Giulietta QV

The only reason I can think of is that if you do the bottom first, the foam will be sitting on the dirtiest part of the car for the longest time.
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Sounds right, if you think about it the idea of the foam is to create a barrier between the paint and dirt so it slides off, so by starting at the bottom the dirt is always travelling towards a 'foam barrier' thus reducing the chance of paint damage.

Maybe

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
pressure , tips , washer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page