147 Scratch! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 24-08-13 Thread Starter

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

147 Scratch!

Afternoon gents,

I have just brought an Alfa Romeo 147 Lusso 1.6 TS (Y Reg) and I got it knocked down in price due to there being a long scratch on the drivers door.

The colour of the car is in blue, its absolutely gorgeous to drive and its great externally and internally. Apart from that bloody scratch!!

How do I get it out or cover it? Whats best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Londonderry
Could do with a wee pic of it. If its deep it will need painted,if its just a light scratch it could possibly be buffed out
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Does your fingernail "catch" in the scratch? If so you will have to respray. If not then a product like Scratch X from Meguiars might work to flatten it. As above a few pics will help.
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 25-08-13 Thread Starter

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Ill try and upload pics soon guys, im pretty sure my fingernail catches........how much for a respray??
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Even if your nail catches it may still be just in the lacquer, depends how thick the lacquer is. Scratch x is for swirls so wont do this job, in fact it doesn't even do swirls to be honest. Try something harsher but start gentle, you will soon know if its going to work.

County: Surrey
A picture would help to ascertain whether it might need painting. From your description, it doesnt sound like it will polish out! You may be able to mask it with coloured polish (effectively filling the scractch) but this is really only a temporary solution. Best of luck.
AO Member

County: Surrey
2000 grit wet n dry paper, you can get it from halfords or a body shop might sell you a sheet. You will ony need one small piece of the paper. Spray a little water on the scratch and paper, rub it gently for a while. Spray again, wipe to check scratch and keep going/repeat until your confidence runs our or the scratch dissapears. then polish it. 3M "green top" Perfect it is also a good polishing compound which gets out more swirls and scratches than Tcut, but it will cost at least £20 a bottle. eurocarparts sells it
AO Platinum Member

Yoinks! I'd get one of those Chips Away places to come and have a look.. They can touch in scratches and grazes too, not just chips.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
147 , scratch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page