Water stains/polish marks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 30-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GQV TCT

Water stains/polish marks

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good product to remove water stains from the paint work (white giulietta) ?

Also, I have a black roof and may have been a little vigorous trying to polish out the water stains and now have wierd swirls marks. Anything you can recommend?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PropWarp

Not sure on the water stains but apparently scratch X is very good for swirls etc.......

AO Member

County: Anglesey
I wouldn't go down the scratch-x route, it's very filler heavy and doesn't remove the swirls. Also hard work for what it is. If you are going to do it by hand the best polish is Gtechniq P1, but it can get a bit dusty.

Water spots can be cured by most quick detail sprays, just depends on your preferred manufacturer, if you don't have one, my I recommend Auto Finesse Finale QD, which is my go to QD. In fact, I've just finished my 159 today and have machine polished with P1, then used an AF lsp and wiped down with Finale. The gloss levels are off the scale and my car is silver
PropWarp

Thanks for educating me Sean

(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 30-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GQV TCT

Sounds like you're a pro! I'm planning on doing it by hand so ill give your recommendation a go. Where do I get it? I take it I won't find it in halfords!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropWarp View Post
Thanks for educating me Sean
Don't mention it, other Meguiars stuff is good, but scratch x is only designed for filling the marks and is hard work, I used it once for under door handles and stuff I couldn't reach by machine, but there are better products now IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by via el diablo View Post
Sounds like you're a pro! I'm planning on doing it by hand so ill give your recommendation a go. Where do I get it? I take it I won't find it in halfords!
I do a lot of detailing, and it is a big hobby of mine and I look after a few cars for people. I like trying new products all the time, but there's one range I love and keep coming back to and that is Auto Finesse, I met them at a motor show and spent a fortune with them and kept in touch and bought more off them since.

P1 polish from Getchniq is great stuff for using by hand and you can get it direct from Getchniq, but I tend to get all my gear from clean your car.co.uk because their service and product range is spot on

P1 is here Gtechniq P1 - Nano Composite polish - Clean Your Car

Finale is here Auto Finesse Finale Quick Detailer - Clean Your Car

There are cheaper hand polishes as I said, but this has great cut by hand and won't make nasty holograms when you use it.

Finale is easily the best smelling QD (All AF products smell awesome!) and smells of strawberrys A little goes a long way too

Beads well too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2216.jpg (76.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2218.jpg (68.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220.jpg (64.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2223.jpg (61.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2222.jpg (62.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2228.jpg (53.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Sean159; 30-06-13 at 19:21.
AO Member

Member car:

156 JTD 20v

P1 polish is good but whatever polish you choose it is also worth buying a 'german' foam pad. These are perfect for hand polishing and consist of a soft and hard side so you can do the cutting bit with the hard side and refine the paint with the soft side. I would suggest starting with the soft side first
PropWarp

I only tried one Auto finesse product and that was the tyre gloss, it doesnt seem to last long both durability and uses per bottle. Just switched to Dodo Juice Tyre Wax.............. WOW awesome stuff.

With that said, maybe I should just give AF a chance and try other products.

The big black hole of detailing.

AO Member

Yeah both AF tyre shines are poor on durability and I don't like lather shampoo, I prefer DJ BTBM because we all love suds

Otherwise I love the range

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
marks , stains or polish , water

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page