Looks like ive got me a free Flex Rotary! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Looks like ive got me a free Flex Rotary!

I do Architectural Metalwork, mainly stainless steel stuff and was surprised the other day when we got a new pipe sander/polisher and it turned out to be a Flex machine. It was only a few days before i first seen the L503vr Rotary on another site and couldnt help notice the similarities. The rotary is identical apart from obviously it doesnt have the cast arms and the 3 wheels.
Heres a few pics..

Heres the type of thing we use them for...

Anyway the next day as soon as i got to work i set about removing the central wheel to see if there was an M14 thread to locate a backing plate. Upon removal there was exactly that!

Also i looked at the rpm and theyre the same as the rotary.

As you can see also the 2 allen bolts that hold on the arms can be removed and thats where the handle goes if you want it on.

Obviously i wont have that option but on a weekend i can take the machine home and use it as a rotary:buffer::buffer: Typical, ive just bought a silverline silverstorm from amazon aswell. I know the lowest rpm seems fast but i know someone who uses that machine and has no bother.

For the record the Rotary is £278 and our machine is £750!! £450 for a snazzy cast arm and 3 rubber roller skate wheels

Thanks for looking, Phil

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
That is a mad looking contraption
AO Member

County: Northumberland
Doesn't suprize me that the design is repackaged for different uses! Just a gutter you got your silverline! Nice to know you got a bargain thought! But another and put the arms on and sell it to your bosses
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 10-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoolck View Post
Doesn't suprize me that the design is repackaged for different uses! Just a gutter you got your silverline! Nice to know you got a bargain thought! But another and put the arms on and sell it to your bosses
Thing is though mate by the looks of it the arms are around £450! The flex is defo the same as it has the same model no as the lads i mentioned. Dont regret buying the Silverline one bit mate and as i mentioned the lowest speed on the Flex does seem a bit high in comparison. Watch this space.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
flex , free , rotary

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page