a question about paint correction - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

a question about paint correction

hi all, as you may have seen on my other recent thread, i have just given the GTV a good going over. what i have noticed however is that there are a lot of swirls and very fine scratches on the car. i have got a large array of AG stuff, including paint renovator. the question is this: once i have clayed the panel, will use of the aforementioned paint renovator be a good idea to get rid of the swirls/scratches? i am on a tight budget so i am afraid a machine buffing thingy is not an option. will i be able to do this by hand? and are there any tiops that you guys and girls have for doing it?

thanks in advance,
lee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
AG paint renovator is a weird product. I haven't used it in a while but from what I remember the abrasives act like the non-dimishing ones in Megs 205 etc.

If you aren't familar with these that means that if you apply little pressure you get a nice high gloss finish but very little cut. If you apply lots of pressure it acts like a compound and leaves a hazy finish (another few passes with light/ medium pressure should remove this). I'll have to buy some more because when I bought it I wasn't into the whole deatailng craic and just wanted a shiney bike It could turn out to be a very useful product for cars going to auction etc where a quick turnarond is essential.
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

If you have a lot of AG stuff then presumably you have SRP which is great for swirls and fine scratches as it is full of fillers which mask the aforementioned. It is also ideal for hand application.

After the SRP you need to apply a sealant or wax to protect the finish.

Not being a great fan of AG I can't comment on "paint renovator". What does their website say?
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

i'll have a look, TBH i hadn't thought of checking there. thanks for the suggestion.
@ 10500RPM, thanks for the info, that is good to know.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
correction , paint , question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page