Hide panel colour mismatches? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Aberdeen

Member car:

GT JTD

Hide panel colour mismatches?

Hi,

Sorry, this must be covered elsewhere but I've yet to be able to find it.

My Alfa Red GT appears to have had two panels resprayed over it's time. I've had to have the bumper done thanks to someone reversing into it and one of the doors is suspicously becoming a different colour from the rest of the car. The bumper looked fine when it was first resprayed and likewise the door looked fine when I first got the car but over time it's become more obvious that the colours don't quite match.

It's really beginning to bug me, so I'm wondering what options there are to try to hide the mismatch in colours? The obvious thing would be to either get the whole thing resprayed or at least get a bodyshop to blend the panels in better. Both options sound expensive and risky though.

Is there anything else I can do to that would at least help to hide the mismatch? Is there anything I can do with wax/polish that could help in anyway?
I guess I'm looking for a magic fix that doesn't exist, but is there anything I can do without needing to involve a bodyshop?

Cheers,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Bodyshops tend to use filler heavy polishes (like SRP or Radiant wax which is the trade version) and oily glazes (like meguires no7) to give maximum shine. These can temporarily and very slightly change the shade of a panel but the only way to get a perfect and permanent match is a respray I'm afraid.
Personally, I love oily glazes on red cars, they work far better than filler heavy polishes but it you have the pateince use both.... and a nice wax

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
colour , hide , mismatches , panel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page