What machine Glaze and wax to use - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 21-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

155 2.0 16v

Crazed What machine Glaze and wax to use

Hello am just after a bit of advice i am just in the process of respraying my arches after there done i will be cutting them back usng G3 then going over them and the rest of the car with G10.
I was just after some recomedations for a good machine glaze and a wax? i was concidering sticking with farecla and using there wax top liquid?

and if anyone has any experiance with G10 is it any good heard it works well after the G3?

Any recomedations welcome.

Also a bit confused as to the order of all the other products?????

step one: cut in with G3 new paint work

Step two: go over whole car with G10 or 3m ultrafine

step three: wax with ???? can this be done via machine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by 19thorn79; 21-04-10 at 21:09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
I'm not familiar with the Farcelas range (bar the Wax) but he higher then number the finer it gets, you may need a polish inbetween G3 and G10, I think ther is a G6 but as I said I'm not too sure.

You are not supposed to wax fresh paint for 3 months to prevent solvent pop which needs a respray to rectify.
AO Silver Member

Re: Glaze, if you are using a wax you can use any glaze (primo amigo and megs #7 are my favourites) but if you are using a synthetic sealent you have to be more careful with your choice of glaze. Oily glazes won't let sealents stick to them so you'll need something like Chemical Guys EZ Creme glaze which is acrylic based afaik. If you do use wax top you can use any glaze, I rate this wax very highly too, great sheeting
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 21-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

155 2.0 16v

thanks 10, 500rpm so i need to leave the wax for 3 months but do i still apply a glaze or not? or should i just stop after the g10 /3m ultrafine then glaze and wax in three months
AO Silver Member

You can still apply and oily glaze, I'm not too sure about acrylic glazes because they are halfway between a glaze and a sealent from what I have seen. Rain will wash oily glazes off the paintwork in 2/3 days without wax over the top of it but it the weather forecast looks good anytime in the next three months I personally would apply a glaze.

I painted my car quite recently and it feels wrong not having a wax on it, I think I'll apply a glaze tomorrow to make me feel better

**edit** As for machine waxing I apply Wax Top with the DA and a finishing pad, it has no benefit other than speed, it is meaga fast though. Zymol cleaner wax is a very good machine wax too.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 21-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

155 2.0 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,500RPM View Post
You can still apply and oily glaze, I'm not too sure about acrylic glazes because they are halfway between a glaze and a sealent from what I have seen. Rain will wash oily glazes off the paintwork in 2/3 days without wax over the top of it but it the weather forecast looks good anytime in the next three months I personally would apply a glaze.

I painted my car quite recently and it feels wrong not having a wax on it, I think I'll apply a glaze tomorrow to make me feel better

**edit** As for machine waxing I apply Wax Top with the DA and a finishing pad, it has no benefit other than speed, it is meaga fast though. Zymol cleaner wax is a very good machine wax too.
thanks for that i will stick a glaze on weather permitting trying to get it all done for autoitalia next weekend but will see how i get on
thanks again

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
glaze , machine , wax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page