- clarification of what I actually need
- idea of cost
Been trying to educate myself over on detailing world, but to be honest most of it is going well over my head, cant see the wood for the trees.
I'll give you an idea of my current level of 'OCD' understanding (it's pretty low tbh) with an example of my current routine...
'98 GTV - dark grey (meteor?) - 106k miles - gta teledials - no garage
wash once a fortnight(ish)
- clean alloys with a wheel brush
- shammy dry
- clay bar & quick detail spray
- tyre dressing
- 1 coat polish (1 panel at time)
(just ordered a snow foam lance, should be fun)
So here's what I'm was thinking I'd require (unsure of order)...
Aim: Bring it back to a good/above average standard & provide some sort of lasting protection to make my life easier allowing me to do a regular weekly/fortnightly quick wash
- a thorough wash
- clay bar'd
- paint correction (swirl mark removal)
- machine polish (part of the above process?)
- some combination of polish, wax, sealant (this is where it starts to go over my head)
- wheels cleaned, de-tarred, waxed/sealed
Looking to spend around £100 - is this completely unrealistic?
Recommend me a reasonably priced detailer: