I have never painted wheels before tbh but I used to spray kitchen doors with cellolose based paint and I do a bit of metal polishing including lip polishing. My method won't be perfect and I have a small bit of learing to do but I think that a combination of my skills should pull me through.
Basiacally I'm planning
1) Sand the outer lip with 80 grit working up to 800 grit to remove kerbing marks.
2) Sand the rest of the rim down to "key" the paint, grit unknown atm
3) Prime the whole wheel front and back
4) Sand with 1200 grit
5) Paint with silver paint (I'll get the code in a wee minute)
sand with 2000 grit to knock back the orange peel for a better finish
8) Wetsand (with 2000 grit to remove the flys which will
find the wet paint
) and polish, no wax/ sealent for 3 months.
Numbers 3, 5 and 7 should be preceded with a a rub down with something to remove any oils/ dust which may prevent the paint from bonding properly. I will be using Antisil 770/ 3M Aqua tack cloth becuse I already have it. Most people will only use a dry cloth