I got me some Meg's Polish and wax - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Damien_C

I got me some Meg's Polish and wax

I shall report back next week with results and opinions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
I'm guessing utlimate compound and tech wax.....

and other guesses?
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Well i got some Collonite for Xmas if weather is OK will be trying it on my car tomorrow
Damien_C

Nope not tech wax. They are in red colour so I couldn't tell what they are. I only got them cos I got a voucher for halfords and just wanted to waste it on stuff couldn't really get anything else.

I'll be getting more collinite again Nigel you'll love it on the 159 it's immense.

AO Silver Member

****, that's me told.

**edit** the **** is the "Father Ted" word

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
Nope not tech wax. They are in red colour so I couldn't tell what they are. I only got them cos I got a voucher for halfords and just wanted to waste it on stuff couldn't really get anything else.
Accurate description there Damien

You should have got NXT Tech Wax 2 Liquid ( easy on, easy off, no smears or white dust residue ) or NXT Tech wash ( goes a long way & gives a nice shine )
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,500RPM View Post
****, that's me told.

**edit** the **** is the "Father Ted" word
Haha I didn't mean it like that. I just got them I think they are the gold class standard yokes or something like that. Must have a clean off someday between our cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Accurate description there Damien

You should have got NXT Tech Wax 2 Liquid ( easy on, easy off, no smears or white dust residue ) or NXT Tech wash ( goes a long way & gives a nice shine )
Meh all the same to me. I only got em cos I've tried all the Autoglym products.

Garage
Ever consider a side line as a product tester Too cold at the moment though
Damien_C

Lol, I am doing it Ya man it's mental the weather here at the moment. Skibb is flooded.

AO Gold Member

and finish of the process using some Meguiars Last Touch Spray Detailer | Meguiars Last Touch after every wash.

After rinsing the car, lightly spray wet car with Last Touch Spray Detailer and then dry with your Microfibre towel. When dried lightly buff with a dry microfibre polishing cloth.... marvelous

Last edited by Stori; 01-01-10 at 06:24.
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

I would say it is the DC2 and DC3 of the three step range.

The polish (step 2) is a really good value for money polish especially if you are applying by hand. The Step 3 wax is a pretty ordinary Carnauba Wax which can only help enhance the finish but is not particularly "high tech"
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Defo stick with the Collinite - you can't go far wrong there.

If it is indeed the Three Step kit from Megs that we're talking about (and, judging by the 'red' coloured bottles, it is) then I'd consider trading the Step 2 polish for something with a little more bite? AG SRP I do not think you can go far wrong with. The Step 2 is a pure polish; more of a glaze. Has no cutting ability, so, you're unlikely to remove any fine scratches/hazes, only nourish the paint with an oily glaze that in turn gives the wet-look effect.
AO Gold Member

Meguiars Swirl X works well on Swirls
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Get some Step 1 Paint Cleaner as well. I've tryied ScracthX too but I think my swirls are a bit too deep for it! Going to try ScratchX 2 as soon as the weather improves.

I've used these for a while now and the old 156 looks a treat after it's being given the Meg's 3 step works .. it's been clayed once last year. Will probably need doing when the snow gone.

For the kid's cars (a Pug 206 and Clio) we use the Meg's Cleaner Wax (liquid) ... that seems to be fine as well.

cheers, Gary

HIS: ex-1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray. 10th Sep 1998 to 12th Jan 2017

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
Damien_C

I still have to use it as the weather in ireland is mental.

Damien_C

I used the megs polish today and it was good to be fair have to use it sparingly but it was good gave a nice shine. And the AG window polish I got made a nice difference too. Didn't get to use the carnuba wax as it was too cold so instead I used Collinite I knew I'd get that off but wasn't sure about the liquid wax that is the megs.

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
I used the megs polish today and it was good to be fair have to use it sparingly but it was good gave a nice shine. And the AG window polish I got made a nice difference too. Didn't get to use the carnuba wax as it was too cold so instead I used Collinite I knew I'd get that off but wasn't sure about the liquid wax that is the megs.
Are you still using the 476 colly or have you moved on to the 915, Damien?
Damien_C

476 it's nearly gone now to be honest I'd like to try the 915 to be honest is it a big step up ya?

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Giulietta

I would say on a black car you will see a difference in the depth of colour but wether its worth the extra pennies I don't know
Damien_C

Ahh I may aswell pay the extra bit for it.

Damien_C

I'm begining to like this megs gear polish easily taken off and has the same shine as AG SRP and smells nice lol.

Garage
You've finally given up bashing Meguiars Damien

Smallville

What Megs stuff did you use Damien as I like to try out different products

I tried some Dodo Juice Supernatural for the 1st time yesturday and think it came up pretty darn well

I have a few piccies that I can put up on here if you wanna see

AO Member

Member car:

146ti

Was it the megs 3 stage you used Damien?
The step 1 paint cleaner is very good, similar to dodo lime prime or jeffs acrylic prime. .
The stage 2 is a good glaze, not really a polish as it has no cut, good for a nice slick look. . .
The stage 3 wax needs to go in the bin though, it smells nice but wears off after a good wash, use some colly or maegs #16 instead and it should last 6 - 8 weeks before it needs to be re-applied.

Megs make some very good products, there all purpose cleaner, #7 show car glaze and last touch to name a few.

If only alfa's were as reliable as a volkswagon. . .
Damien_C

Meguiar's Direct Deep Crystal® System Polish

That stuff there. Would love if it was that cheap when I bought it but it wasnt lol.

@Dave the last Megs stuff I used was utter muck incomparison to that. and the Wax I got was the same gear

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
meg , polish , wax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page