DA Polisher on CYC.....any views? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 23 Old 02-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Durham
DA Polisher on CYC.....any views?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this area of the site so hello to all.

I was just wondering if anybody had any views on this DA Polisher at Clean Your Car....

CleanYourCar DAS-6 Polishing Machine

I can't fathom out if its the Kestrel DA branded up as a Clean Your Car DA or just a rip off version. The titles of their links and the product codes suggest it is a Kestrel but it doesn't actually say anywhere for definite.

Also does anybody have one? How does it perform?

I've read reviews on the Kestrel and they seem to be pretty positive. Apparently they use the same components as the Megs Da and are assembled in the same factory also (not my words by the way, just something I've read).

The price on Clean Your Car seems too good not to buy.....If it is the Kestrel DA I was thinking of buying the machine and getting my polish and pads separate or is one of the combined buys on there worth getting for the extra 40?

Im pretty new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
The CYC machine is the exact same machine as the kestrel, I'm not sure if they're supplied by Kestrel or if the come direct from the factroy though. I can't comment on what it's like to use, I do have a G220 DA and I can tell you that the serious performance pads and the Chemical Guys pads are excellent for the DA. The meguiars soft buff 2.0 pads are best avoided because the DA tear the edges off them I would reccomend Megs 83 + 80 as good DA polishes, I never really liked using Menzerna polishes with the DA with the exception of PO85RD (one of the final finish range).
(Post Link) post #3 of 23 Old 02-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the info 10,500RPM.

Thats fully confirmed my suspicions. From the reviews I've read everybody that has used the Kestrel DA has had a good experience of it and at half the cost of the MEGS DA it's definitely appealing to me. I think if I buy the machine i'll buy my pads and polish separate then i'll end up with exactly what I need.

Anybody else's comments are more than welcomed,

Thanks again.
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Yeah definately buy machine and pads/polish seperate, thats what I did. A good tip is to buy a spot pad and backing plate for those small awkward area's as a normal size pad just doesn't do the job.

I'd also recommend the megs 83 and 80 combo. Very very good. And also when it comes to removing swirls just be warned, Alfa paint is hard. It took me age's getting the swils out of mine with 83 on a light cutting pad.

If you haven't already, get on this website.Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.
(Post Link) post #5 of 23 Old 02-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the tips guys.

I've bought the machine along with a Sonus Clay and Dodo juice - Born Slippy from CYC.

Gona get the pads at the weekend.

I've joined up to detailing world Twissler, top advice.....some excellent stuff on there! I'll bear in mind the warning about the hardness of the paint, it's not the first time i've heard that.

Cheers again
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Start saying goodbye to your life john, I did when i got in to this detailing lark!
(Post Link) post #7 of 23 Old 03-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissler View Post
Start saying goodbye to your life john, I did when i got in to this detailing lark!
I may have to start saying goodbye to my girlfriend when I tell her i've bought her a machine polisher, a clay, some born slippy and polishing pads for christmas

Somehow I don't think it's gona go down to well
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Ummm! Happy Crimbo too me!
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Good luck with your purchase. it's a lot of fun.
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

'04 156 GTA

I've bought the CYC DA polisher kit with Sonus pads and Menzerna polish. Too good a price to miss out on.

Not allowed to get it until Christmas morning , guess what I'll be doing that afternoon Yeah right !

My car should be getting the new wing and bumper fitted next week. I'm going to get the wing back and use it as a scrap panel to practice on.
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnb07 View Post
Thanks for the tips guys.

I've bought the machine along with a Sonus Clay and Dodo juice - Born Slippy from CYC.

Gona get the pads at the weekend.

I've joined up to detailing world Twissler, top advice.....some excellent stuff on there! I'll bear in mind the warning about the hardness of the paint, it's not the first time i've heard that.

Cheers again
Ha ha, hi John...... i believe this is my fault guys! John seen my MiTo in DW after seeing my lkink on here and after a few PMs came to an Openday at NE Detailing on Sunday where i introduced him to the lads and showed him how to use a DA (Flex) on a bonnet they have on the wall.
John, im apologising in advance for the dent you'll have in your bank account and soon to be single status . We'll have to get the MiTo round and we'll sort it out one sunday.....when it aint torrential rain! As you seen at the openday i have the G220 but the DAS 6 is very similar. Good purchase. Good luck with the pads etc. Oh and good choice of other products there john.
Thanks Phil

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29

Last edited by GIZTO29; 03-12-09 at 19:16.
(Post Link) post #12 of 23 Old 03-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
Ha ha, hi John...... i believe this is my fault guys! John seen my MiTo in DW after seeing my lkink on here and after a few PMs came to an Openday at NE Detailing on Sunday where i introduced him to the lads and showed him how to use a DA (Flex) on a bonnet they have on the wall.
John, im apologising in advance for the dent you'll have in your bank account and soon to be single status . We'll have to get the MiTo round and we'll sort it out one sunday.....when it aint torrential rain! As you seen at the openday i have the G220 but the DAS 6 is very similar. Good purchase. Good luck with the pads etc. Oh and good choice of other products there john.
Thanks Phil
Yes everybody....this is infact Phils fault!!!!

But I will actually thank you for it as I didn't know any of this existed to be honest! The closest I've came to any detailing is whatever overpriced rubbish I could get my hands on in Halfords and without knowing it trash the car with!

At least if we get the Mito up to scratch i'll have a nice shiny chariot to woo some other ladies with if she does bin me off

I can't believe how quickly i've gotten the bug for this....the more I read and see on DW the more I want to buy and give it a try!

Received the DA today and it looks and feels pretty sturdy for the cost and can confirm for anybody else wondering, the CYC DAS is infact the Kestrel.

Cheers,

John
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Yes everybody....this is infact Phils fault!!!!

But I will actually thank you for it as I didn't know any of this existed to be honest! The closest I've came to any detailing is whatever overpriced rubbish I could get my hands on in Halfords and without knowing it trash the car with!

At least if we get the Mito up to scratch i'll have a nice shiny chariot to woo some other ladies with if she does bin me off

I can't believe how quickly i've gotten the bug for this....the more I read and see on DW the more I want to buy and give it a try!

Received the DA today and it looks and feels pretty sturdy for the cost and can confirm for anybody else wondering, the CYC DAS is infact the Kestrel.

Cheers,

John
Oh, its adicyive alright! Mike, the lad who was there polishing the Civs headlights bought some Zymol Destiny wax recently. Check out the price of the stuff!

Last edited by GIZTO29; 03-12-09 at 22:20.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Mike, the lad who was there polishing the Civs headlights bought some Zymol Destiny wax recenlty. Check out the price of the stuff!
How?Why? would you polish a headlight?
(Post Link) post #15 of 23 Old 04-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
I thought exactly the same thing until I saw the results. The car was washed and clean, free of any dirt and grime. They used a rotary with a smaller application on it and polished it up with DJ Lime Prime if I remember correctly and the difference was astounding, the polished headlight looked like a brand new unit. Just a little extra detail which nobody would ever think of but helps lift the results of the rest of the car.

Phil (GIZTO) took some photos if he sees this maybe he'll pop them up for you to see.

and Phil, Zymol Destiny....... I don't think i'll be buying any of that anytime soon
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Loads of people do this mate. The results can be great as ive found especially on a friends MR2 Roadster.
The Last NE Detailing Meet Of the Year - Page 8 - Detailing World
AO Gold Member

Jeez! you really do live and learn.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Jeez! you really do live and learn.
The photos dont really show them as we seen them and they werent that bad really. The MR2 Roadsters were mouldy like the inside of a fish tank if you know what i mean and they came up brand new!
AO Silver Member

Oh btw john, you might wanna read this! Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Excellent guide mate!
AO Gold Member

I see the sale has ended on the polisher! AO.com must have cleared them out.
(Post Link) post #21 of 23 Old 05-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Oh btw john, you might wanna read this! Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Excellent guide mate!
Cheers Phil.....I will definitely take a look at this before I give it ago. Thanks for all your help with my cause

Quote:
I see the sale has ended on the polisher! AO.com must have cleared them out.
Looks like I jumped in with two feet at the right time, I was gona wait till next week. So glad I didn't though!

This bloody thread must have been a premonition...... my girlfriend has infact binned me off, for the second christmas running would you believe!!!!!!!!! Me and the DA are going to be spending a lot of time together by the looks of it
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Cheers Phil.....I will definitely take a look at this before I give it ago. Thanks for all your help with my cause

Looks like I jumped in with two feet at the right time, I was gona wait till next week. So glad I didn't though!

This bloody thread must have been a premonition...... my girlfriend has infact binned me off, for the second christmas running would you believe!!!!!!!!! Me and the DA are going to be spending a lot of time together by the looks of it
I know this sounds bad but when i read that i laughed alot! Never mind, atleast you can spend more on car stuff as you dont have to buy her a present
(Post Link) post #23 of 23 Old 06-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I know this sounds bad but when i read that i laughed alot! Never mind, atleast you can spend more on car stuff as you dont have to buy her a present
Well if you don't laugh you cry as they say Managed to get my unit rented out on a plus note though, so the car will be getting treated to some carefully selected products come the new year

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
cycany , polisher , views

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page