My latest MiTo Detail with DA and Sealants - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 20-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
My latest MiTo Detail with DA and Sealants

DA & Sealants on my MiTo - Detailing World
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Nice correction work

I'm confused as to why you have used the eco freindly ONR then blasted it with 100 litres of water from the pw. I'm have never tried on ONR and but i'm going to order some tonight as you obviously have alot of faith using it on a relatively dirty car. I snowfoam my car everyday (while the foam is dwelling on another car) and never need to touch it with a mitt. I think the winter will be a different story though.
(Post Link) post #3 of 19 Old 20-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,500RPM View Post
Nice correction work

I'm confused as to why you have used the eco freindly ONR then blasted it with 100 litres of water from the pw. I'm have never tried on ONR and but i'm going to order some tonight as you obviously have alot of faith using it on a relatively dirty car. I snowfoam my car everyday (while the foam is dwelling on another car) and never need to touch it with a mitt. I think the winter will be a different story though.
Hi mate, i just made up the ONR to show it to the 3 other guys who were there as they were highly dubious of it. I wanted them to try it and what better way than on my car. Its also good for doing wheel arches so it wasnt wasted. For the record i did use a pre wash mix of it in a pump sprayer to loosen up the dirt. That comprises of 90ml per 1.5 ltrs.
AO Silver Member

Thanks for the reply. Another 20 spent thanks to DW though
I won't use it until I finally get around to putting Gtechinq C1 on my car though
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
nice work matey! I don't think my car gets that level of attention at the handwash car wash run by my Polish mates Mind you, for nine quid, i'm not surprised
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Nice work buddy. I had a similar problem applying 476 to my bonnet last week. I put it down to being in direct sun as the rest of the car wasn't and there was no streaking and smearing on the rest of the car.

How did the Lime prime deal with swirls?
(Post Link) post #7 of 19 Old 22-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twissler View Post
Nice work buddy. I had a similar problem applying 476 to my bonnet last week. I put it down to being in direct sun as the rest of the car wasn't and there was no streaking and smearing on the rest of the car.

How did the Lime prime deal with swirls?
The drawbacks on outdoor detailing. If it aint raining or freezing it too sunny The Lime Prime is awesome but i wouldve had better correction with a polishing pad. Ive just purchased some menz pads and polishes from cyc.
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Phil, I love your posts, very well written.

So are you a "sealant" convert now?
(Post Link) post #9 of 19 Old 22-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbok View Post
Phil, I love your posts, very well written.

So are you a "sealant" convert now?
Thanks mate. I have to say theres defo sumic special about the look of a sealant finish. The opti-seal is also great. I want to order the Werkstat Acrylic Kit but its out of stock at the minute.
Werkstat Acrylic Kit - Werkstat Car Care and Detailing Products
Heres it in use.
Werkstat Detail: Silver VW Fox - Detailing World
The car just lookid like it had been dipped in glass. I'll try them on my wheels aswell next time.
All in all it was a good experience but im not totally happy with it. I waited and waited for my winners code to get the pads and polish but the day of the detail came 1st and i didnt want to leave it any longer. Ive just recieved the code the other day so have now placed my order. Menz pads in both big and spot sizes, Menz 203S, 106FA & 85RD in 250ml sizes. Got 2 DJ Finger Mouse Applicators aswell. Due to not having a polishing pad on the day there are still swirls evident which i'll rectify asap. Oh and i got a 250ml sample of Megs #205 for 8 del from a company called Autobrite-Direct through the sample section on Detailing World.
Thing is ive found when theres more than 2-3 people there you end up talking alot and not doin the detail or forget things. Hence we ended up buffing was off in the dark nearly
Mike forgot to move the car forward and do the bottom part of the tyres so the next morning i had 8" strips uncoated and polish splattered up the windsreen wiper blades and apron below the window off the rotary North East Detailing are possibly starting a workspace for hire which would be great. Theyre gonna hire just the space or the space and products which is a great idea i think.
The pic where graham and dave were feeling the panel is funny i think
Thanks agan for looking mate

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29
AO Silver Member

Car to share just how much you've spent on detailing products since you got the mito?

One things for sure, If I ever need some advice on a particular product, your probrably the guy to speak to!
(Post Link) post #11 of 19 Old 25-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Car to share just how much you've spent on detailing products since you got the mito?

One things for sure, If I ever need some advice on a particular product, your probrably the guy to speak to!
I'd like to know myself mate! Sorry, have to go....ive justy noticed Polished Bliss have the Werkstat Acrylic Kit in stock!
No probs mate, feel free to ask but i havnt used quite a few yet For the record i have won quite a few of them at NE Detailing in the raffle. DJ Supernatural, Austintacious, Need For Speed, Lime Prime Lite and Sour Power
AO Silver Member

Thats a pretty good prize or was it vouchers?
(Post Link) post #13 of 19 Old 26-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Thats a pretty good prize or was it vouchers?
The 1st time it was just the Supernatural in the plastic tub. Then in the 2nd raffle a month later i wont the other stuff which was in a gift pack. The wax was actually Purple Velvet but i put a tenner extra in and exchanged for the dearer Austintacious I wasnt very popular i can tell you haha. I spent loads on raff tickets though with some tactical buying of them also. Its a running joke now when we go. I didnt win the last one though
AO Member

Hi Phil,

Awesome job on the Mito and a great write up. I didnt understand a lot of the jargon as I am only a rookie detailer but still enjoyed the read.

Hope you win the raffle tomorrow at DW.
(Post Link) post #15 of 19 Old 29-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bacchus View Post
Hi Phil,

Awesome job on the Mito and a great write up. I didnt understand a lot of the jargon as I am only a rookie detailer but still enjoyed the read.

Hope you win the raffle tomorrow at DW.
Haha, thanks mate. Sorry about that, i thought i had kept it understandable
Well, speaking of the openday it was the worst weather imaginable but hey it was still a decent turnout with over 10. I thought there would only be 2 or sumic Snowfoaming in torrential rain was amusing.....well atleast watching someone else do it
DAvid and the lads played a blinder with an amzing selection of food and refreshments so it was a good day again
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

'04 156 GTA

Gizto
I've went and bought the DA set from CYC, so I hope to be following in your footsteps in the New Year. It was too good a deal to miss, and if I don't get on with it, I can sell it without making a loss. Keep up the good write ups.
Alan
(Post Link) post #17 of 19 Old 02-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amclean View Post
Gizto
I've went and bought the DA set from CYC, so I hope to be following in your footsteps in the New Year. It was too good a deal to miss, and if I don't get on with it, I can sell it without making a loss. Keep up the good write ups.
Alan
Cool, which kit did you go for then? Like you say the DAS is cheap as chips! Which polishes and pads did you go for? Theyre a great introduction into Machine Polishing and theres no scaryness like with the Rotary.
Thanks for the nice feedback, Phil
AO Silver Member

County: Inverclyde

Member car:

'04 156 GTA

Thought I'd go for the Menzerna polish with Sonus pads. There was no science in this decision, simply it was the best value for money i.e. 144 down to 99. I know there are differing results on different cars, but a couple of the guys on DW including KG Dave stated the Menzerna and Sonus looked to be the best all round combo.

I know many say choose your own pads and polish combinations but I wouldn't know where to start, plus, you aint getting the big savings from the combo deal.

Cheers
Alan
(Post Link) post #19 of 19 Old 03-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amclean View Post
Thought I'd go for the Menzerna polish with Sonus pads. There was no science in this decision, simply it was the best value for money i.e. 144 down to 99. I know there are differing results on different cars, but a couple of the guys on DW including KG Dave stated the Menzerna and Sonus looked to be the best all round combo.

I know many say choose your own pads and polish combinations but I wouldn't know where to start, plus, you aint getting the big savings from the combo deal.

Cheers
Alan
Fair do's. I recenlty bought the set of Menz pads in boths sizes and the Menz polishes. 203S which is 3.5 cut/3.5 gloss, 106FA 2.5 cut/5 gloss and 85 RD which is 1.5 cut/5+ gloss. Those marks are out of 5 btw. I have to say i was slightly alarmed when i recieved the stuff as when i felt the pads they are very hard! I thought the finishing pad was the compounding pad Ive heard they are great in use so watch this space! At present i have a 3M Finishing Pad and a Flexi Pad Ultra Soft Finshing so as a back up im gonna buy a 3M Polishing pad. I really like the 3M pad i have to say so it makes sense to get a yellow polishing one but my local dealers were charging crazy money for them. Ive found them far cheaper online now. I agree with what you sy though its a minefield all this pad and polish malarky!
Lime Prime is mint for the record.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
detail , latest , mito , sealants

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page