Caring for red leather seats - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

None yet

Caring for red leather seats

My Mito comes with red leather seats and this being my first car with leather seats, I'd like to keep them in top condition. I wipe them down weekly with a clean, damp cloth and warm water and I also apply Meguiar's Rich Leather cleaner/conditioner every month. The problem is that the car is roasted by the sun all day in the open car park at my office, although I have a windscreen sunshade that keeps out most of the sun.

Is there anything else I can do? Being red and all, I'd hate for the leather to fade and look like it came from an old crocodile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
I think your doing just the right thing. The biggest enemy of leather seats is ingrained dirt. Keep them clean and conditioned and they'll stay in tip top shape.
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambugsky View Post
My Mito comes with red leather seats and this being my first car with leather seats, I'd like to keep them in top condition. I wipe them down weekly with a clean, damp cloth and warm water and I also apply Meguiar's Rich Leather cleaner/conditioner every month. The problem is that the car is roasted by the sun all day in the open car park at my office, although I have a windscreen sunshade that keeps out most of the sun.

Is there anything else I can do? Being red and all, I'd hate for the leather to fade and look like it came from an old crocodile
Gliptone is said to be the best leather gear mate.

Leather Care | Leather Cleaner
AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

I only extra thing you could do is to cover the seats with a sheet or similar when you leave the car in the sun. I usually do that with my 156 if I'm going to leave it in the sun for an extended length of time.

The red leather in my 2nd hand 156 has no fade and I doubt it was too well looked after before we bought it.
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

The other thing to do on a regular basis is vacuum especially in the seams. Dirt particles viewed under a microscope are sharp and will abbrade the stitching.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
caring , leather , red , seats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page