Dodo Juice Sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Dodo Juice Sale

Just been on the NE Detailing site and they have 15% off all Dodo Juice products till saturday
North East Detailing :: Zymol, Meguiars, DoDo Juice, Poorboy's World, Bilt Hamber and Muc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northumberland
thanks for that, considering the red mist, whats your experience with it mate?...the lime prime is tempting also!!

Last edited by lpoolck; 23-09-09 at 19:56.
(Post Link) post #3 of 17 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoolck View Post
thanks for that, considering the red mist, whats your experience with it mate?...the lime prime is tempting also!!
Both awesome! You can also get lime prime lite which has no abrasion.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
Both awesome! You can also get lime prime lite which has no abrasion.
Yeah I noticed that, however isnt the abrasion only very light? I thought it was just light enough to get rid of swirls etc, nothing more. Which would you think was best for new paint, mine currently is swirl free! But sure in few months I will start to get them no doubt!
(Post Link) post #5 of 17 Old 24-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that, however isnt the abrasion only very light? I thought it was just light enough to get rid of swirls etc, nothing more. Which would you think was best for new paint, mine currently is swirl free! But sure in few months I will start to get them no doubt!
If you aint got any then you dont need it i would say. The cleanser (lite) would do the job. SRP does a very similar job if thats any help.
Im amazed to hear your car is swirl free mind........even in the sun? The LP has very good correction ability (a guy called Jim W uses it loads on DW in his details to great affect). The Red Mist is a spray on sealant, not to be confused with your avergae QD Spray. Awesome stuff mind!
AO Member

Quote:
If you aint got any then you dont need it i would say. The cleanser (lite) would do the job. SRP does a very similar job if thats any help.
Im amazed to hear your car is swirl free mind........even in the sun? The LP has very good correction ability (a guy called Jim W uses it loads on DW in his details to great affect). The Red Mist is a spray on sealant, not to be confused with your avergae QD Spray. Awesome stuff mind!
So take it the red mist is a quick version of AG EGP? Yeah no swirls in the light, it does take me forever to clean, I have one small small swirl on the rear off side boot beam. That was their when I picked it up I think however. I just take the 2BM to the limit, I was each pannel lightly before rinsing, clean slighly harder, rinse and then clean with more pressure. I obviously do take more car around the arches where the muck gathers the most!

Dont worry im sure the swirls will come! thats why i was looking out to get LP. I know SPR does simular, but SRP tends to fill in the swirls, I want something that will get rid of them. What is the best swirl removal product?

Bought some harly wax off a guy on ebay, really nice guy, going to apply that at the weekend. Update you on the SRP EGP alloys, still look remarkably clean mind you!...well for 2 weeks of 40miles per day driving!
(Post Link) post #7 of 17 Old 25-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
So take it the red mist is a quick version of AG EGP? Yeah no swirls in the light, it does take me forever to clean, I have one small small swirl on the rear off side boot beam. That was their when I picked it up I think however. I just take the 2BM to the limit, I was each pannel lightly before rinsing, clean slighly harder, rinse and then clean with more pressure. I obviously do take more car around the arches where the muck gathers the most!

Dont worry im sure the swirls will come! thats why i was looking out to get LP. I know SPR does simular, but SRP tends to fill in the swirls, I want something that will get rid of them. What is the best swirl removal product?

Bought some harly wax off a guy on ebay, really nice guy, going to apply that at the weekend. Update you on the SRP EGP alloys, still look remarkably clean mind you!...well for 2 weeks of 40miles per day driving!
To remove swirls with LP youre gonna struggle by hand i would say. Aye, redmist is sortve like a spray version of EGP but i doubt its as hard wearing. Most people use it to top up their wax and it does give the finish a little something extra adding depth to the paint. I tried it on my wheels last week and it brought them up a treat, hard to tell how well theyre protrected by it until i wash them tomorrow. Nice

Last edited by GIZTO29; 25-09-09 at 16:05.
AO Member

I think people do look over SRP and EGP too much, both are good easy products to use. EGP you do need to leave it cure for 30min-60mins, but just put it on, clear your stuff away get a drink and its ready to buff off.

They was a thread on DW that showed different swirl removing products on the same car, cant remember what came out top. Good thread, shame you can 'save' a thread, you proberly can just not found out how to do it yet.
AO Member

County: -
Cry Like A Baby

Quote:
Just been on the NE Detailing site and they have 15% off all Dodo Juice products till saturday
Went along at 13:30 but it seemed to be closed.
Shiney red fiesta outside but all the doors were locked (the shop, did'nt try the fiesta)
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bacchus View Post
Went along at 13:30 but it seemed to be closed.
Shiney red fiesta outside but all the doors were locked (the shop, did'nt try the fiesta)
Think its been changed to a Sunday now mate.
AO Member

Website states the sale ends at 2pm on 26th. Actually I only went for some of that Bilberry wheel cleaner, not the Dodo sale. Never mind.
(Post Link) post #12 of 17 Old 26-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Think its been changed to a Sunday now mate.
Thats the open day lpool, the sale has been on all week and ended today at 2pm. Mark wouldve been in the valet bay behind the shutters. Bacchus, didnt you give a knock? He wouldve been doing a car and they keep the door shut for dust etc. Thats his red ST. Bilberry is awesome!
AO Member

Quote:
Bacchus, didnt you give a knock? He wouldve been doing a car and they keep the door shut for dust etc.
No did'nt knock as it looked locked up, as you say the shutter was down but in my ignorance I thought there was nobody there.

Not to worry, I'll know better next time.
(Post Link) post #14 of 17 Old 26-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bacchus View Post
No did'nt knock as it looked locked up, as you say the shutter was down but in my ignorance I thought there was nobody there.

Not to worry, I'll know better next time.
Never mind, like i say they are constantly working on cars so at certain times cant leave the shop open if theres only one there as god knows what would go missing. Just bang the shutter next time
AO Member

Quote:
Thats the open day lpool, the sale has been on all week and ended today at 2pm. Mark wouldve been in the valet bay behind the shutters. Bacchus, didnt you give a knock? He wouldve been doing a car and they keep the door shut for dust etc. Thats his red ST. Bilberry is awesome!
Wipeout, lucky for me I cover some of my blushes by saying "I think", gotta start to learn to read every word of the sentance!
(Post Link) post #16 of 17 Old 27-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Wipeout, lucky for me I cover some of my blushes by saying "I think", gotta start to learn to read every word of the sentance!
Haha, hopefully see you at theopenday then?
(Post Link) post #17 of 17 Old 06-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Remember when i mentioned a guy called JimW who is a Lime Prime master, well heres the 147 he spruced up with it....White Details: Alfa Romeo 147 TSpark
He uses it all the time and gets great results.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
dodo , juice , sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page