Damaged paintwork... & botched coverup - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Damaged paintwork... & botched coverup

Hello folks,

I've been reading up on the washing and waxing threads with the aim of doing a bit of work on my new (to me) 159, at least as soon as it stops raining for more than 10 minutes I will! Thanks to all the contributors to those threads, I've ordered some DoDo Purple Haze which should arrive on Monday and will hopefully make the black paintwork look fantastic.

Apart from a bit of swirling and other superficial marks, the only real trouble is where the previous owner has scuffed the paintwork near the front wheel and done a bit of a bodge with a touchup pen or something.

100_3503.jpg

100_3504.jpg

I'm just wondering if there's anything an amateur like myself can do with something like this or whether I should just stump up the cash and take it to a bodyshop... what would you recommend, and if the latter, any recommendations in/near Bristol?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

gt

Well i can tell you have bad swirling and holograms lol THat scrape will require spraying im afriad, for the cost of Wet & dry, paint etc it may well be cheaper to try a smart repair or even repair shop wouldnt cost you more the £50.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
botched , coverup , damaged , paintwork

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page